Character Art!

Minion1stClass

Show it off if you have it! I'd love to see art from other people's games. Actual drawings or inspirations for characters. :D 

Here's my shaman to be Drella. She's my playtest character from Valley of Plenty.  She has scars from the two times she almost died, but only internal ones from the time she died. That and the air elemental tastefully blowing smoke. This is her ceremonial dress. It lacks her amazing hat she bought off an Issaries who thought he'd never sell it! Because it is TOO AWESOME!

Drella.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Inactive account.

18 hours ago, Minion1stClass said:

Show it off if you have it! I'd love to see art from other people's games. Actual drawings or inspirations for characters. :D 

Here's my shaman to be Drella. She's my playtest character from Valley of Plenty.  She has scars from the two times she almost died, but only internal ones from the time she died. That and the air elemental tastefully blowing smoke. This is her ceremonial dress. It lacks her amazing hat she bought off an Issaries who thought he'd never sell it! Because it is TOO AWESOME!

Fire, Mastery, Spirit or something like that?!? I see also the Horse (Beast) Rune. What? No Rune of Power, tsk, tsk, tsk... 😇

I like that drawing a lot. It is very evocative. Thank you very much!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Christoph Kohring said:

Fire, Mastery, Spirit or something like that?!? I see also the Horse (Beast) Rune. What? No Rune of Power, tsk, tsk, tsk... 😇

She has stylized air runes on her ankles and a movement rune on her knee. Her runes are Spirit, Mastery, and Air. Her hero belonged to a spirit society with Fire and Horse and she'll follow in his footsteps as much as possible. The spirit tradition has Fire and Spirit. Darn Elmalians and their fire. ;) At some point when she meets another shaman she'll join another spirit society and add some Darkness and Truth. Well, the clan tattoo has Truth, but that's on her back. 

4 hours ago, Nevermet said:

Also, I like the Mastery within Spirit rune tattoo or body paint.

Tattoos. Drella compensates her size and scars by getting lots of tattoos. Hard to tell in the drawing, but she runs small and is often mistaken for a child by some. Mostly by those who want to piss her off or mess with her. :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Inactive account.

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2020 at 6:28 PM, Shawn Carpenter said:

Nobody else has character art to share?

One of my prior HQG players sketched out his characters, but he's been the only player to do so over the years.  I've not been in contact with him for awhile, though, and wouldn't want to share without his permission.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Minion1stClass said:

Understood! Although, you can get BOTH your characters and call it an anniversary present! ;)

Alas, she is not a gamer.

She is an archaeologist, however, which makes her reactions to Glorantha amusing. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Nevermet said:

Alas, she is not a gamer.

She is an archaeologist, however, which makes her reactions to Glorantha amusing. 🤣

Ah, a mixed household! Makes sense.

I bet it does. It's interesting what people bring to a game setting and how their world view makes things more or less interesting.

Inactive account.