Playing a duck

Humakt

Hi, I gonna start a campaign from the Colymar tribe and one player want to play a duck, so anyone can point me in the right direction to find some info about ducks like clans and other info that I can use to create a good background, he wants a Humakti duck. I think the Lismelder have good relationships with ducks. Any help would be much appreciate.thanks 

Remember that the Durulz (at least some of them) were part of Starbrow's rebellion. It could be a good character implication for your player : his duck's parents (or one of them) were slaughter by Lunar when Starbrow's rebellion failed (or during the Duck Hunt), and he and his surviving relatives were given refuge by the Colymars. Do not forget Humakt is also part of the Storm pantheon...

And as wrote Shakespeare :

- What ? A rat !

- F***! A duck!

Sorry, I'm leaving the room... 😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The best resources I can remember seeing for Druluz, with a clan living on the fringes of the Upland Marsh, was in Tales of the reaching moon 19, sadly long out of print.  I've heard rumours that the PDFs might be made available at some time, but I'm not sure that will be on a timely enough timescale...

Lismelder was well covered... by Tales of the reaching moon 18!

Enjoy having a duck in the party!

Stephen.

• Like 1

I also read some stuff about Durulz pirates of the Heort Creek in The Coming Storm. You could also imagine the character to be one of their inland contacts whose task is discretly fencing the loots in your players' village... But it means less personal implication than the refugee pitch... and it doesn't fit with an Humakti profile.

And beware: the only player who played a Durulz in the campaigns I played (I wasn't GM) also played a duck in Cobra Space Adventures RPG (excellent one, by the way). In both cases, it added much fun (he's a great roleplayer), but in both cases, he really pissed us (and our GM) off !!! Nevertheless, I remember really great scenes. ...and I'm still admiring my GM's patience...  🥰