Alephtar Games publishing schedule

RosenMcStern

Bought!

You know what I'd love to see eventually? An Alephtar (PDF) magazine covering your major lines as well as general D100 bits and pieces.

I would rather sponsor Nick Middleton's fanzine. But now that you make me think about it, Uncounted Worlds is BRP only, and we make also RuneQuest stuff, and possibly HeroQuest in the future. Could be a good idea.

What about a FaceBook group in the meanwhile?

Edited by RosenMcStern

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

You mean Uncounted Worlds, no? :)

Will all the lines you'll have soon, I'm sure you'd be able to fill a semi-annual or even quarterly magazine with interesting things to read. Designer notes, bits and pieces cut from the major books, short scenarios, places, items and people etc.

Facebook? Guess I'd have to get an account then.

We usually put things on our web site. However, barring the amount of disk space required for a decently illustrated PDF, few people visit our web site regularly. On the other hand, a free, quarterly magazine published on OneBookShelf and YourGamesNOW would be downloaded by casual visitors, too, and help attract new people to BRP or RuneQuest.

I have a couple things that I wanted to submit to UW or Signs & Portents. Maybe they could find their way into an independent zine. Although I am not so eager to provide competition to Nick.

On the other hand, a free, quarterly magazine published on OneBookShelf and YourGamesNOW would be downloaded by casual visitors, too, and help attract new people to BRP or RuneQuest.

Free? I was thinking around €5 or so :-)

But free might help sell more of the main books.

Although I am not so eager to provide competition to Nick.

That I can understand, perhaps some sort of collaboration?

Since Uncounted Worlds will not accept RQ material, that may exclude a lot of the Alephtar range.

In any case, competition is good, isn't it?

I, for one, would buy both.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

We do not have a print version scheduled for Veni, Vidi, Vici.

Say it isn't so, I'm really not a fan of PDF's. they're ok for small articles and supplements but reading a large document on the screen is eye punishing difficult. All the local printers are exhorbitant for binding.

How about a POD on Lulu.com ? It's up to us if we want to fork out the extra for printing and posting then.

VVV is 36 pages, it is very easy to read onscreen and printing it at a local store and binding it with tape is cheap. Moreover, with a PDF you can print just the scenario you need when you want to play. Your considerations are correct, but only for a sourcebook that needs reading in a quiet environment. Scenarios are for play, not for reading.

Unfortunately, a POD version would require an extra "fee" that would make the product totally unprofitable. But we will manage to produce bigger supplements in the future, so that the dead tree version becomes a viable solution. We know that some of you love the feel of whitened cellulose :)

I printed a copy in Booklet mode and it came out as a nice, small, readable A5 booklet, perfect for slipping into a bag and using as and when.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here