New Publication: The Dregs of Clearwine

Diana Probst

3 minutes ago, Diana Probst said:

I would PREFER a world in which review copies get deleted, I think, partly for my own sales (huzzah) but mostly because it reduces a perceived integrity problem.

Well we are a little different as well, We have yet to do a review, We mention things we like from our peers (the JC, fellow podcasters, web folk) and why we like ‘em and we mention stuff from our fave RPG company. All just as long as they are talking about Glorantha. In some ways maybe we should not do reviews, just let people know what we like and where to find it. After all we are trying to be the nice guy and do not want to pan our picks. 

8 minutes ago, Diana Probst said:

I would PREFER a world in which review copies get deleted, I think, partly for my own sales (huzzah) but mostly because it reduces a perceived integrity problem.

Then you will like us, we like to buy our stuff (He ain't all there, is he?)!

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

2 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Then you will like us, we like to buy our stuff (He ain't all there, is he?)!

I totally get it.

I make my living in IP.  I hate borrowing soft copies of things, and I'll generally buy a thing if I can.  I'm aware of how much of a difference it makes, as an artist.  I admire you, but I don't think you're strange.  I think you're doing it right.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Diana Probst said:

You're my favourite TWICE.

Let us know if you have any questions, want us to appear in interviews, or can solve any major plot problems in your upcoming Clearwine Slum Saga.  Especially the last one.

I resolutely deny any and all rumors about a Slum Saga work-in-progress.

After all, the correct and proper way to tell a story is in dactylic hexameter. If I wanted to write "Sagas" I'd go sit in a hut and be alone and drunk for nine months.

Hrm.

Maybe sagas are my One True Genre after all...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

On 8/12/2020 at 10:35 AM, Diana Probst said:

... if I'm going to use a significant chunk, I buy it.  So Duel at Dangerford gave me a lot of info and also a step-up in a certain way of thinking as a GM.  I used it in a game, but I'd bought it for the way it improved my GMing.  I don't mind getting a thing that I look at and deciding I don't want to pay for it, or don't want to pay for it yet, as long as I don't then use it ...

This is remarkably similar to my own practice:  If I use it, I buy it.  Usually -- if I do buy it -- I buy in hardcopy (I just don't like PDF's much (unless I need ^F or the like), not for enjoyment, to use and to read (and likely to re-read)).

If it's read-once-and-never-revisit (or never-read), I don't buy it... Unless it strikes me as the sort of "internal content" that improves my games some other way than direct use (e.g. "improved GMing").  Occasionally, I'll go back a year or more later, and spend on them, if I conclude I got some use out of that after all...

More than one new-to-me publisher or gamesystem has gotten a hundred dollars or more of my limited gaming-budget, because of their generous (free or pwyw) PDF policy which got me content I loved, so I bought it; whereas if I'd had to buy a "standard retail" copy -- just to try or just to think about -- there'd have been no sale at all (Posthuman and EvilHat spring notably to mind, here!).   Of course, plenty of those PDF's DIDN'T result in sales, either -- but those free/cheap PDFs are no loss to the publisher, because I wouldn't have bought at all under the "standard model" of retail... not "just to try".

Anyhoo... sorry for the ramble, all; I was just struck by how similar the separately-arrived-at personal policies of @Diana Probst and myself are...

C'es ne pas un .sig