Esrolia houses

Kloster

1 hour ago, Kloster said:

Does somebody have a list (even partial) of the various Esrolia houses, and their main locations?

I'm currently trying to build an help to create RQG characters.

Yes.

Quickest way to find the Nochet houses (20 Enfranchised + many client houses) is to look on the map here: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/catalogue/publishers/to-sort-categorise/nochet-city-of-queens/ or here: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/NochetWebsiteMap.pdf

The bolded text labeled as "House XXX" (e.g. House Norinel) are the Enfranchised Houses (i.e. noble houses) in Nochet.  Most of the places labeled as "Hall XXX" are the client halls (a client relationship to one or more noble houses).  For example, Hall Urdaeo on Great Street between Kena Hill and the Sacred City is a client hall.

You can largely think of client halls as clans and Enfranchised Houses as noble clans that offer "tribal" services (e.g. protection, loans, etc.) to their clients.

That does not cover across all of Esrolia though.  There are some 200 Enfranchised Houses in Esrolia as a total.  

• Thanks 3

Are the halls on the Nochet map for Houses and Enfranchised Houses which live primarily in Nochet? 

There are 20 Enfranchised Houses that I count on the Nochet map, which is 10% of the total for Esrolia, which certainly seems to suggest to me that these are "headquarters" halls and country nobility/embassies from the other major cities aren't marked as such on the map. To contrast, about 6% of the population of Esrolia as a whole lives in Nochet, which certainly (and reasonably) suggests that Esrolia's nobility is more urbanized than the population as a whole. 

• Thanks 1

"And I am pretty tired of all this fuss about rfevealign that many worshippers of a minor goddess might be lesbians." -Greg Stafford, April 11, 2007

"I just read an article in The Economist by a guy who was riding around with the Sartar rebels, I mean Taliban," -Greg Stafford, January 7th, 2010

Eight Arms and the Mask

1 hour ago, Eff said:

Are the halls on the Nochet map for Houses and Enfranchised Houses which live primarily in Nochet? 

On that version of the map, yes.  Subsequent versions include the halls of Enfranchised Houses from elsewhere in Esrolia who occasionally come to Nochet and maintain a residence there.  I did not elaborate those in any great detail, though.

1 hour ago, Eff said:

There are 20 Enfranchised Houses that I count on the Nochet map, which is 10% of the total for Esrolia, which certainly seems to suggest to me that these are "headquarters" halls

Correct, for the Nochet Enfranchised Houses.  There will be a significant number of Enfranchised Houses at Ezel, Rhigos, and even the Necropolis.  Other large cities will have some number as well.

• Thanks 3