Chaosium's Halloween Sale

cjbowser

I'm sure most of you saw this, but just in case you missed it, Chaosium's having a 30% off sale.

You can get any of the BRP releases and monographs for a whopping 30% off the cover price. That means a new book like Fractured Hopes is under $14.

You should already know how to get there, but if you forgot... Chaosium Inc. - Chaosium Inc.

Waa Hooo! I have been holding off buying stuff until I could get free shipping. But this, along with a bunch of cool new monographs just put me over the top. I finally timed things right. Until recently I have not been able to wait and simply ordered the PDFs. Unfortunately I did not enjoy the PDFs anywere near as much as a real book. Now it is just a matter of time waiting for that delivery truck. :D

294/420

The stars are right......well, the price is anyway. Taking advantage of the sale and free shipping I've ordered the following:

1 x Agents of the Crown

1 x Berlin 61

1 x BRP Adventures

1 x Classic Fantasy

1 x Fractured Hopes

1 x The River Terror, and others

1 x Val-du-Loup

1 x Kingdom of the Blind

Ok I'll have to live on gruel until payday, but hey reading the monographs will make the time pass swiftly.

I got:

* Classic Fantasy

* The River terror

* Fractured Hopes

* Val-du-Loup

* Cthulhu Dark Ages

* Cthulhu Invictus

All PDF. The two Cthulhus were completely due to the sale. The others Id been wanting to pick up (and frankly I was waiting for a sale). The River Terror, well I'm not quite sure why I bought it, but I'm thinking I should write some more fully fleshed out adventures, and this should give me some good examples.

Thanks for letting me know about the sale!

Anyone know what the purchase threshold is for free shipping? I had a couple of tangible products that I wanted to buy, but was not above the free shipping threshold (and couldn't find it on the site -- which is bad marketing. The free shipping is supposed to entice me to buy more, but it doesn't do that if I don't know how much more I need to buy)

Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!

Anyone know what the purchase threshold is for free shipping? I had a couple of tangible products that I wanted to buy, but was not above the free shipping threshold (and couldn't find it on the site -- which is bad marketing. The free shipping is supposed to entice me to buy more, but it doesn't do that if I don't know how much more I need to buy)

Steve

Here you go. Not sure where you live, so here's the US and Foreign shipping policies.

FREE SHIPPING ALERT: We offer free shipping for U.S. orders over $60.00. Please allow 7-10 days for arrival.This feature triggers automatically for qualifying U.S. orders.

OVERSEAS SHIPMENTS: we haven't forgotten you! Orders to overseas ship-to addresses can also earn free shipping for orders of $125.00 or more. To trigger FREE SHIPPING, you must enter the secret I WANT FREE SHIPPING code in the REDEEM COUPON space during checkout. Such orders are sent out by space-bound byakhee, so will take some time to arrive.

My original cart was over $60 in physical product and the free shipping did not show up as an option. I have gotten the free shipping in the past, so I wonder if sale items are disqualified from the offer.

My original cart was over $60 in physical product and the free shipping did not show up as an option. I have gotten the free shipping in the past, so I wonder if sale items are disqualified from the offer.
Yes, it didn't show up for me and it wasn't obvious on the site (not that I spent a long time looking). It would make sense not to offer it for sale items -- I'll have to get my MU tshirt some other way!

Steve

I managed to get the overseas free shipping ( $125 or over ) and it was all sales items. Indeed I didn't even need to enter the free shipping code...it just automatically stuck it onto the order menu for me .

I got:

* Classic Fantasy

* The River terror

* Fractured Hopes

* Val-du-Loup

* Cthulhu Dark Ages

* Cthulhu Invictus

Ok, I have to rant for one minute here. I got a bunch of stuff last night, and I'm pretty happy about the content. But a few of the books don't have tables of contents at the beginning. That's bad. Really bad for anyone (yours truly) who wants to dip in. It's also bad for anyone (hopefully) who wants to use them in a game.

It's a great big no-no. I'm reading these electronic books, which are typically 100 to 200 pages long, and no table of contents to tell me what page to go to!

Please people, don't do this. With modern editing software, it's really easy to create a TOC and keep it up to date. No excuses.

Ok, done with the rant. Back to reading (starting with the books with TOCs).

Steve

No excuses.

Steve

This kinda makes me angry, not at you because your point is valid. When I submitted Classic Fantasy to Chaosium it was with the understanding that when they finished the layout I would then do the toc and an index, as this was something I was unable to do without it first being laid out. Then instead of letting me know it was ready, they let me know it was at the printers. Naturally I was a little miffed, but it was too late for me to do anything about it. There are excuses, and sometimes things happen beyond your control, and I'm more upset about it than you are, trust me. So if you want to punish me and read my book last, I guess I just have to except that. ;)

Rod

Edited by threedeesix

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

So if you want to punish me and read my book last, I guess I just have to except that. ;)Rod
Sorry to hear about the snafu. I guess the best consolation for you is I DID buy it, and intend to use it. I guess I should send a note to Chaosium too.

Steve