Weird or dumb campaigns

Grimmshade

What's the weirdest or dumbest campaign you have run using Call of Cthulhu?

I ran a "Tales of the Gold Monkey" campaign based on the tv show in the way back times with 1st edition. (That campaign would probably work great today with Pulp Cthulhu)

I still have the stupid erase marks on my original map where I drew in the campaign area like an idiot. 

IMG_20150703_014917-01.jpg

Edited by Grimmshade
  • Like 2

Yes it is and there are stand alone adventures for Rura Tonga. I've even started the preppin for little Pulp Cthulhu Campaign, You can see what I've already done on my blog here, under Heroes of Rura Tonga label. I will run this sometime next year. Sorry for shamless plug! 

The autor of Rura Tonga has another superb book - Pulp Egypt. Cannot highly recommend it. 

Edited by alter
  • Like 1

I played in a side game where we all played the dogs of one of the main characters. It was a Christmas Special and lots of fun but the emphasis was very much on being a bit silly with it. 

It was called The Hounds of Hammersmith and I played a timid greyhound called Whimper and I remember a Pomeranian called Chanel. 

I remember tearing the throat out of a cultist after we broke into their lair, it was all very Lady and the Tramp meets The Maltese Falcon

• Like 2