Hard Copy Coupons from PDF Purchases

creativehum

@MOB (or anyone else who can help!)

I know this has been covered elsewhere, but my search-fu has failed.

I have three PDF purchases I've made for Runequest books. I was mailed a coupon code for one of them, but not for the other two. I'm ready to pull the trigger for a holiday gift to myself. 

Who do I contact about getting the codes for the other two books?

Thank you!

"But Pendragon isn’t intended to be historical, just fun.
So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

19 minutes ago, creativehum said:

One more question: How does one download the latest versions of PDFs purchased from Chaosium?

Sadly, unless I've missed something or unless Chaosium has improved things since last time I checked, this is the part that sucks:  you need to log in, go into your past orders, find the order that contains the product you want (which is the part that sucks the most[1]), click on it, and then you'll see the links to the PDFs.

[1] It's easier for me to search for the specific book title in my emails, find the order number/date, and then go back to the Chaosium website.

• Like 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

29 minutes ago, lordabdul said:

Sadly, unless I've missed something or unless Chaosium has improved things since last time I checked, this is the part that sucks:  you need to log in, go into your past orders, find the order that contains the product you want (which is the part that sucks the most[1]), click on it, and then you'll see the links to the PDFs.

jeez lordabdul, I am truly sorry to hear all that effort was needed. I seem to recall, with the slipcases anyway, that Dustin was wonderful in doing all the  work when I mentioned I would be needing my coupons. I wonder if I am misremembering that now.

Good luck @creativehum!

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

4 minutes ago, creativehum said:
  1. Getting updated PDFs. @lordabdul was answering my question about getting the updated PDFs.

Oh great lords and ladies, oops! Thanks @creativehum!

Yes, apologies @lordabdul. I blotted that bad memory from my mind. I have yet to ty to update anything else from the sheer fear of the memory's return.

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

1 hour ago, lordabdul said:

[1] It's easier for me to search for the specific book title in my emails, find the order number/date, and then go back to the Chaosium website.

I might be mistaken but I think another challenge is that there is no way to know that a file has been updated.

9 minutes ago, DreadDomain said:

I might be mistaken but I think another challenge is that there is no way to know that a file has been updated.

I think that's true. 

But it's been a loooong time for me. So simply pulling down the latest file makes sense.

"But Pendragon isn’t intended to be historical, just fun.
So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

38 minutes ago, DreadDomain said:

Yes, there is still that problem. But at least there's a tiny bit of progress there because it seems that Chaosium is now adding a version number on the PDF file. So while you still need to check every now and then to see if there's something new, you can at least use the version number. Before that, you had to download the file and compare it with your existing one.

• Like 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !