Stupid question about Slipcase for Players,Keepers and Keeper screen

Ejlertson

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 4:26 AM, Rick Meints said:

At its current production, shipping, and storage costs, plus some profit markup to make it worth our while, would be willing to pay $20 to get an empty slipcase?

I'd gladly buy the slipcase for that price. I grabbed the books separately from my FLGS then came across the slipcase on the website and have slightly regretted not getting that ever since.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Tranquillitas Ordinis said:

I hope they will be available soon from their website. 

They are currently being shipped to our warehouses and so should be available in a month or two.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, MOB said:

They are currently being shipped to our warehouses and so should be available in a month or two.

I am very glad to hear this! I just ordered the RuneQuest slipcase and I had to have a long talk with my Keepers and Investigators Handbooks (they ganged up on me) about why they weren’t in a fancy case and did that mean I didn’t love them enough. It was a mess they were already jealous after I spent a lot of the evening reading my new books instead of them but seeing the slipcase put them over the edge…

Please don’t take this as complaining about a situation out of your hands but im curious about how much the pandemic has impacted your shipping schedule. Im estimating its at least doubled the time spent shipping based on the timeframe for books releasing physically going from 3-4 months to approximately 6?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, glassneedles said:

Please don’t take this as complaining about a situation out of your hands but im curious about how much the pandemic has impacted your shipping schedule. Im estimating its at least doubled the time spent shipping based on the timeframe for books releasing physically going from 3-4 months to approximately 6?

Unfortunately yes. And unlikely to change any time soon. 

https://twitter.com/i/events/1407749103883370509

1825644140_ScreenShot2021-06-29at2_55_55pm.png.739a88fc4a792ed03f07223065f36c5e.png

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, MOB said:

Unfortunately yes. And unlikely to change any time soon. 

https://twitter.com/i/events/1407749103883370509

1825644140_ScreenShot2021-06-29at2_55_55pm.png.739a88fc4a792ed03f07223065f36c5e.png

Thanks for the reply. Sucks to see that 😞 I’ve now switched to just ordering from Chaosium directly instead of other retailers to help out  as much as I can AND get free PDFs! I shall just have to learn patience I suppose…

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 12:55 AM, Tranquillitas Ordinis said:

Dear All,

It seems that Chaosium decided to follow chants and prayers of mortified cultists! Mr. @Rick Meints in this interesting video (How to run a TTRPG Publishing House, around minute 3:25) presents the empty CoC slipcases! I hope they will be available soon from their website. Praised be Chaosium and the High Priest @Ejlertson, who summoned them! Blood sacrifices do work!

Edit: I see it was already posted here, but I suppose many people might have missed it (including myself.)

I'll be happy to put my money where my mouth was 😊

Looking forward to order one 🤑

• 2 weeks later...

Like a true chuckle head, I forgot to check here before I sent a message to Chaosium....I should have known others were in the same boat as me and I will wait patently for that container to reach their warehouse when I will buy the heck out of that slipcase!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Tranquillitas Ordinis said:

Dear @Ejlertson,

Teach me your spells Master! First you summon the slipcases, now you summon two d6's as the last stretch goal for the Kickstarter! What is the source of your power?

comment.png.c448cf915975c06789bc49eed45f4c32.png

You do not wish to see the horror I have seen to learn the dark arts 😉

I'm just ecstatic that the good people of Chaosium liked the suggestions well enough to bring it 😍

• 5 months later...
On 7/24/2021 at 7:03 PM, Rick Meints said:

I read almost all of the Kickstarter comments and keep an eye out for good suggestions. Thank you for that.

Any news on when the Slipcase will be available? I havent seen an announcement that its in the store and cant see it there either.
Completely understand if the worlds shipping nightmare is the casue of delay, just want to hear if its still comming?