Down Darker Trails

sgtscott658

Howdy-

Pulled the trigger on this product and it did not disappoint. Was thinking about Pinnicles Deadlands but was put off by the civil war revisionist history. Happily; Down Darker Trails left out the lost cause BS.

I plan to run an old west campaign with pulp elements later this year and can not wait to throw in elements of Gunsmoke and Bananza into the mix. Currently running Masks of Nyalarthotep using the Pulp engine and the players are having a blast (we just got done with the Perlude in Peru.) Anyway, keep up the great work and hopefully we will see more CoC old west supplements in the near future.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, sgtscott658 said:

...was put off by the civil war revisionist history. Happily; Down Darker Trails left out the lost cause BS.

Quoted for truth.

Down Darker Trails is a fine book that doesn't get enough love.  CoC has been my go-to for Western roleplaying for ages, and DDT pulls it all together nicely, even without incorporating the Mythos.

!i!

• Like 3

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

50 minutes ago, Ian Absentia said:

Quoted for truth.

Down Darker Trails is a fine book that doesn't get enough love.  CoC has been my go-to for Western roleplaying for ages, and DDT pulls it all together nicely, even without incorporating the Mythos.

!i!

DDT was always intended to be usable as a non-supernatural "straight" western if you wanted to downplay or ignore the weird western elements.

I ran Four Hours to Reno at a con before the holidays and it was an absolute blast, had a great group of players who got into the western genre from the get-go long before things got Mythos-weird - watching Godless at the moment and I feel a calling for more Tails (DDT is an unfortunate acronym)

• Like 1

I agree, I have players from around the world that want to play cowpokes, hearing someone with an english accent attempt an American southern accent is priceless. Although I would not recommend Devils Gulch, they did not include the 7E stats in that supplement. Ya I know, I can fill them in myself but I am too busy. Best of all, DDT has alot of sources to draw from, The Wild Wild West, Bananza, The Lone Ranger and much more. So it does not have to be mythos exclusive at all.