πŸ†˜ virtual tabletop for RQCE πŸ†˜

icebrand

On 5/10/2021 at 2:52 PM, ffilz said:

I've been running my RQ1 campaign on Roll20 for a couple years. I don't do too much fancy. I don't try and use any of the character sheet stuff, we keep track on the PCs in a separate Google Sheet. We use Google Meet for audio/video connection, so if I really needed to share something, I could share my screen or a window to that. I upload the occasional map or do crude drawings. I don't have a plus account so I just use fog of war which is sometimes an annoying effort but works pretty good. For SR tracking, I just keep notes on scratch paper. Most of the PCs tend to go before most of the bad guys, or they delay SR so they can adjust hit location...

Β 

5 minutes ago, Dissolv said:

I have been running a campaign via Zoom for over a year now (how the time flies!).Β Β Β  It is very old school, with oral descriptions only.Β  Anything we need share I put into a shared Google drive, which is also where the character sheets live.Β 

It is not optimal, and everything goes way slower than in person, but after a period of adaptation, it has produced some very dramatic moments.Β  πŸ™‚

Yep, more votes for lo-fi, as per my post, ya know I love it!

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

5 hours ago, dvdmacateer said:

Something I have been thinking about is to addΒ SR as a custom ItemΒ  and move the character tokens around based on actions

Β 

sr.jpg

I like this.Β  It would take up more screen space but will give more functionality.

Are you thinking 100% custom only, or will you still be able to add from the sheet for a specific weapon on set SR (as you can now)?

19 minutes ago, Westnovote said:

I like this.Β  It would take up more screen space but will give more functionality.

Are you thinking 100% custom only, or will you still be able to add from the sheet for a specific weapon on set SR (as you can now)?

The nonΒ SR andΒ  and Game turn entriesΒ are standard tokens updated from the sheet.Β  If you need 2+ tokensΒ  only one of them will be updated from the sheet the other(s) will have to be setup manually.Β  You can change the size of the turn order.Β  I expanded it so all the SRs were could be seen.

Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glyph said:

Is there a timescale for official VTT support, or is there any user created content on Roll20 (like the character sheet) that can be shared?

The character sheet is there and available for use - create a new game in Roll20 specifying RQ. I'd hazard a guess that Chaosium's priority right now is producing physical products as those have a larger addressable market. Roll20 RQG users is a subset, for sure.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:47 PM, Glyph said:

Is there a timescale for official VTT support, or is there any user created content on Roll20 (like the character sheet) that can be shared?

Much as we like it, and I'm running two active campaigns on Roll20,Β RQGΒ is essentially a rounding error in the Roll20 user stats. I can see Chaosium developing full support forΒ Call of CthulhuΒ (if they haven't already, they might have), but I can't see the ROI in them doing so forΒ RQG.Β 

On 5/13/2021 at 11:06 PM, dvdmacateer said:

Something I have been thinking about is to addΒ SR as a custom ItemΒ  and move the character tokens around based on actions

Β 

sr.jpg

I did something similar to begin with, but have moved to adding the tokens from the character sheet. Didn’t really have a clean solution for multiple actions though - I'll have to snag a copy of that image and suggest that to my players.