First World Whinings....

svensson

Well, now we're in it. BC is reporting 100s dropping dead suddenly, when usually there would be 3 or 4 dozen... The authorities are blaming the heat wave. Remember to buy a bottle of water for anyone looking like they need it and report anyone in distress to local authorities.

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

• 3 weeks later...

I could be mistaken, but I think this map goes well beyond first world whining, the air is so thick here I can not clearly see a very large bridge about km away, those with health probs are told to stay at home and I have had a cough all day. 

That's a lot of fire across the great north! Those who would like to follow this NASA map can go to:

https://firms.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/usfs/map/#d:2021-07-17..2021-07-18;l:noaa20-viirs,viirs,modis_a,modis_t,active-usa,active-ca,country-outline;@-90.0,39.9,4z

image.png.2bf5015e9d692d3187b570a764612065.png

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

It got up to 28 Celsius here today. First hot weather we’ve had in a while and immediately everyone has switched over from complaining about the lack of a summer to it being far too hot. If there’s one thing you can count on a British person for its complaining about the weather despite not really having much to complain about. We grow wine at the same latitude that Canada has polar bears and while it does rain a fair amount here we don’t get monsoons or any real extreme weather.

I just wish it was currently cooler at night. It’s almost midnight and it’s 22 degrees and checking the weather it’s not going to drop to 16 at night for a week 😞

• Like 1