Grimoire Update

Tywyll

I know I've been silent for ages, but I have been working.

I think I'm finished with the draft of Grimoire. Most of its sections are finished, only a couple still need feedback/editing. I wrote a bit last night and then realized that was it, I was finished with the easy part.

Now comes some serious editing and then waiting for Chaosium to review it before I do the layout and artwork.

So, hopefully not long now. ;D

Your book would make for a awesome edition to anyones libray of gaming stuff. Please continue on into the light of publishing your work in a "printed" format..please!

Penn

Hi Penn, I have been reading your posts and have to comment. We monograph authors have absolutely no say as to when and if a particular book will get a printed version or not. I would suggest making your concerns known to Chaosium themselves as posting them here isn't going to make it happen. This site is not affiliated with them in any way and I doubt they even read them.

Rod

Edited by threedeesix

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

... so hopefully they should be a bit more responsive / communicative now... ;)

This would be most welcome. A while ago I recommended some monographs to

someone, and meanwhile he has attempted to contact Chaosium about the ship-

ment charges four times without any reply. :(

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

Hi Rod,

I will just that and send them a email. It can't hurt, I just want to buy the products in a "printed" format, and am willing to pay for it too. BTW I think this site is a AWESOME site and will begin to post here more often with more meaningful posts as well too.

Thanks,

Penn

Old time RPGer of +34 yrs, player/DM/GM.

May I ask how it works in publishing over there at Chaosium? Does a specific book need to reach a certain level of sales before they will offer it as a 'printed version' or what?

Penn

Probably not, but we don't really know. The PDFs allways arrive first, which is naturally, then some weeks later usually the book appear.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

May I ask how it works in publishing over there at Chaosium? Does a specific book need to reach a certain level of sales before they will offer it as a 'printed version' or what?

Penn

No, as far as I'm aware. Monographs are printed via some sort of POD/short run print facility and in general Chaosium seem to order monograph prints in batches together, presumably to get a better price. There have in the past be significant gaps between the PDF release and the print release of monographs. Full distribution books are generally release in PDF only when the book is in distribution IIRC.

Nick