The Broo

rpgstarwizard

I am looking for the history of the BROO, how long have they been in Gaming. I know they were discussed in Chivalry and Sorcery as well as RQ. So where did they originate.

I know RQ did them before Warhammer Fantasy, but they exist there as Chaos Beastmen. I can't say for certain if they existed before RQ/Glorantha but I don't think so. At least as far as their culture, name, etc.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Yeah, I believe Broo per say, were a Greg Stafford/RuneQuest creation. Ditto for thier culture/history.

There were things like goat men or beast men, but Broo originated in Glorantha.

The old RQ stuff, especially the Cult of Thed writeup in Cults of Terror is probably the best place to find the hisotry of the Broo.

But, most of it would be off limits, as Glorantha is a licensed setting.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Wikipedia lists the Broo as Gloranthian creatures, together with Aldryami and

Mostali, so they are probably original Runequest creatures.

If Broo do exist in the White Bear & Red Moon board game (which I do not

know), they are doubtless original Runequest creatures, because there was

not much else published earlier.

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

Broo were in Nomad Gods (rather than it's companion wargame WB&RM, aka Dragon Pass). Whether that pre-dated RQ I'm not sure. But they are definitely Gloranthan.

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Broo were in Nomad Gods (rather than it's companion wargame WB&RM, aka Dragon Pass). Whether that pre-dated RQ I'm not sure. But they are definitely Gloranthan.
White Bear and Red Moon came out before Runequest, and does not have Broo in it. It was one of my favorite games at the time, and I'm still kicking myself for never picking up Nomad Gods (especially when I see what it goes for on ebay)

Steve

Edited by sdavies2720
Clarity

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!