Need an adventure

Tywyll

I'm running a game right now with some steampunk elements. I need an adventure (preferably a one-shot) that takes place entirely on a mode of transport (i.e. something difficult for the characters to leave... in the game I'm running its an airship, but in the actual module a train, airplane, ship, or zeppelin would work). Nothing long and involved, but something that could be done over no more than a couple of sessions would be best. Supernatural elements are totally ok.

Any recommendations?

Edited by Tywyll

How about the Ship's new medic/steward is really someone that was greatly wronged by the captain/owner of the said "ship" and he wants to get revenge. The NPC has had cosmetic surgery and using a false alias. He has all the skills needed to do the job he signed on for, but also has some others to cause trouble. Now this NPC doesn't want to just kill the captain/owner, he wants to ruin him and strip everything he can away from this captain/owner. Maybe he posions folks, causes breakdowns and damage, frames situations so that people are killed, and all sorts of issues to greatly tarnish and ruin this captain/owner.

Penn

Old time RPGer of +34 yrs, player/DM/GM.

Some ideas for a quick adventure:

Thief: Something is missing and one of the PCs is either the victims, or the prime suspect. PCs must figure out who the thief is and where the stolen item has been hidden beofre the ship arrives at it's desitnation and the culprirt can make a getaway.

Spy: There is one (or more) spies abord. One of the PCs overhears something, and the spy decides to try and neutralize the PCs before he can blow his cover. The spy is carrying some inportant info that the PCs could discover.

Storm: The airship gets caught in some bad weather and the PCs have to help make emergency repairs or even help to steal the ship.

Bomb: There is one on the ship. They have to find it before it explodes. Note this could work with the spy idea above, with the spy being a saboteur from a foreign power.

[bWerewolf: Someone aboard the ship is a lycanthope. Pcs need to discover who before they wind up on the menu. And, doesn't that full moon look lovely?

It flies is some families: The ship's captain has gone insane. Perhaps he's delusional, perhaps he wants to flap his arms and fly home. Perhaps he decides to run amok on the ship with a saber. Worse still, perhaps he's already gotten to all the other qualified airship pilots before the PCs get a chance to subdue him.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

The vehicle is a submarine. Harder to escape than a train, cruise ship, or even an airship. Sabotage consequences are worse; if you sink you might not get a chance to swim. Suspect PCs (and the NPCs they suspect) can't simply dump evidence overboard. It's claustrophobic; harder to escape the assassin/spy/werewolf since there are fewer places to run to. Also, you can throw in leaks, irate merpeople, hungry undersea giants, sea quakes, volcanic eruptions, etc.

Regain control of airship from hijackers.

Repel pirates in other airship or find out what they want and give it to them.

Bioweapon is on board; 1) players have to figure out who/where before landing/release, 2) bioweapon has been released and infected everyone on board. Find cure and then figure out who/why.

Wow! Thanks for the quick responses and suggestions, there are some great ideas in here!

Their awesomeness makes me embarrassed to say the following...

What I was hoping to find was a pre-made adventure (like a CoC module/adventure, or really even one for another system) because I don't think I will have the time to flesh any of these ideas out well enough before the next session I have to run.

:(

Failing that, I can probably run with one of the above, its just the copious amounts of NPCs I didn't really want to come up with...

Hmmm well my advise is "Wing IT...Dude"<g>!

Pick which situation you like the most, it sounded like the Airship one was the coolest . You could just come up with the NPC s names and a blurp on what each person needs to be or does as per a job. Actually just draw up stats as needed and then assign each a few skills that they might need for the game plot. It reall doesn't takle all that long to generate a few NPCs real quick, like a few Key NPCs and general crew NPCs as well. You should be able to stage this situation quite fast. The biggest task will be the floor plan for the AirShip, but you can use a small liners ship's floor plan. Then just Wing the rest of the details from there, the players will never know.

Penn

Old time RPGer of +34 yrs, player/DM/GM.

How about a Bar-Room Brawl? (Can you get hold of the 'Rumble at the Tin Inn' RQ scenario from White Dwarf 33?) Being on an airship would make it a bit more risky...

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.