Darkness is calling in 2022... Announcing the forthcoming Call of Cthulhu Starter Set: 40th Anniversary edition!

MOB

271668948-10221137751460519-8681372324506982691-n.jpeg

Announcing the Call of Cthulhu Starter Set: 40th Anniversary edition!

This new printing of the Starter Set includes:

• New box art by Lin Hsiang
  • Updated interior book cover designs
  • All corrections and errata 
  • 40th Anniversary Investigator Sheets

Coming Soon!

Current version (nb currently SOLD OUT in USA)

Call of Cthulhu Starter Set

• Like 4

6 hours ago, stadi said:

My biggest issue with the Starter Set is that it includes saddle-stitched booklets, which are really flimsy. I would be willing to pay more for "real" soft-cover books inside. Any chance for such an upgrade?

The books are saddle-stitched as before but the covers are slightly thicker.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This cover is gorgeous! I will buy this box if only for the cover. It's probably an unreasonable suggestion that comes too late but I was wondering if having a different solo scenario had been considered? It would give even more incentive to owner of the previous box to buy it again.

Pretty sure at this stage, it's even impossible to consider... 

On 1/21/2022 at 9:16 AM, DreadDomain said:

This cover is gorgeous! I will buy this box if only for the cover. It's probably an unreasonable suggestion that comes too late but I was wondering if having a different solo scenario had been considered? It would give even more incentive to owner of the previous box to buy it again.

Pretty sure at this stage, it's even impossible to consider... 

I saw a similar question was asked and answered on FB. It's definitely going to be the same content and it was always the intent.

On 1/22/2022 at 11:40 AM, DreadDomain said:

I saw a similar question was asked and answered on FB. It's definitely going to be the same content and it was always the intent.

Yes, it is reprint with a new cover, and a few cosmetic changes inside. Done so because we are currently sold out of the Starter Set in the USA, and we decided while we were at it to feature a new cover marking the game's 40th anniversary. If you already own the Starter Set you don't need to buy it again (unless you really like the new cover).

• Helpful 1

2 hours ago, MOB said:

Yes, it is reprint with a new cover, and a few cosmetic changes inside. Done so because we are currently sold out of the Starter Set in the USA, and we decided while we were at it to feature a new cover marking the game's 40th anniversary. If you already own the Starter Set you don't need to buy it again (unless you really like the new cover).

To be honest, the new cover plus the slightly thicker covers are enough for me to buy it again. I may simply donate my current starter set to a gaming club or a library.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...