Crusaders of the Amber Coast is here

RosenMcStern

The fury of Lodril has ended, and printed copies of the book have reached Britain. Cubicle 7 should have shipped pre-orders or will do so very soon. We should start shipping the books ourselves in a few days. The PDF is available on OneBookShelf, YourGamesNOW and Arima. Chaosium should have it in stock in some time, too. You can check the various options on the product page.

Many thanks to all who partecipated in this project (Dario, Tiziano, Pete, Charles, Simon, Colin, Miguel, Nicolai, Cao Viet, etc.).

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Some more goodies:

made by Nguyen Cao Viet. Some of the static pictures are the ones Cao Viet has done for Crusaders, while others are from his Lacplesa Hronika comic book.

On saturday May 8th at 5 pm (GMT+3) I will run a demo of the game in Riga, Kr. Barona Iela 97, at the Ludo game shop. Just in case someone from the Baltic lands is reading this.

P.S.: "ogre" is the name of a city, not a monster, in Latvian. It means "eel".

Does Cubicle 7 have US shipping (at non international rates) or should I wait for Chaosium or Amazon?

I would strongly recommend adding something to the Amazon descriptions of these books that indicates they are for BRP. Searching for Basic Roleplaying only turns up Rome but not Dragon Lines or Crusaders. Someone not actively seeking these titles but looking for BRP supplements would never find them.

Help kill a Trollkin here.

Does Cubicle 7 have US shipping (at non international rates) or should I wait for Chaosium or Amazon?

I would strongly recommend adding something to the Amazon descriptions of these books that indicates they are for BRP. Searching for Basic Roleplaying only turns up Rome but not Dragon Lines or Crusaders. Someone not actively seeking these titles but looking for BRP supplements would never find them.

I agree, the Alephtar books are hard to find on Amazon. For some reason Dragon Lines is listed as "ships in 1-4 months". Crusaders is in stock. Rome is listed as hardcover. Was it ever actually released as hardcover?

Noble Knight Games has all three Alephtar BRP titles in stock as an alternative to Amazon or waiting for Chaosium.

129/420

None of the books are hardcover, it is a mistake that Amazon makes despite Cubicle 7 clearly stating the nature of the books. Even Doctor Who (a boxed game set) is listed as hardcover single book!

Chaosium has Dragon Lines in stock, and some leftover of the copies of Rome I sent them for Christmas, but not Crusaders yet. I will ship preorders of all books next week (barring other volcanic eruptions), and it takes about 7 days to reach the US from our warehouse. The quickest way to get the books, if you want only the printed copy, is to order from Cubicle 7. Or to pester your FLGS until they order from Alliance, that does have copies. If you want both formats, instead, please order from us instead.

Rurik, I sent you a free PDF as you are a playtester. Other people who did playtesting please contact me for yours.

a1 books in the USA offers Crusaders of the Amber Coast as new books on the German Amazon website,

and they are even a bit less expensive than Amazon itself.

I think this is their US website:

http://www.a1books.com/CRUSADERS-AMBER-COAST-RPG/1907204636/catalog

Edited by rust

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

Rurik, I sent you a free PDF as you are a playtester. Other people who did playtesting please contact me for yours.

Thank You, I will go grab that!

a1 books in the USA offers Crusaders of the Amber Coast as new books on the German Amazon website,

and they are even a bit less expensive than Amazon itself.

I think this is their US website:

http://www.a1books.com/CRUSADERS-AMBER-COAST-RPG/1907204636/catalog

Thanks for the link! I did grab it from Amazon yesterday. Amazon actually had it in stock for under $20, and with free shipping that can't be beat. Usually they get RPG books well after other outlets.

I have given up on my FLGS. I used to order everything through them knowing there were cheaper outlets, but RQ/BRP books were notoriously slow in coming. I got the worst of both worlds, paying full price and getting books well after everyone else. After MRQ2 took over 2 1/2 months I cancelled and went to Amazon and haven't turned back. I had to cancel my BRP big yellow book too after it took over two months. Interestingly non d100 games seemed to come very promptly - I had no troubles with Trail of Cthulhu or Savage Worlds. Given the choice of switching vendor or game system, I stuck with d100 and dumped the FLGS. :)

Help kill a Trollkin here.

Rather well. We played two episodes of the campaign, and two out of three of the players were rather happy (an outside observer said enthusiastic) about the game. All this despite a rather discomforting RPG environment in Latvia (I saw some unsold copies of D&D 4e abandoned in a basket, and that was all the game shop carried).