Who is Muriah?

jackleg2010

Yes, she features in the RuneQuest Classic Borderlands scenario "Muriah's Revenge," and is a handy reusable antagonist for campaigns set in Prax.

• Like 1

Muriah is an NPC from the Borderlands campaign. Read it to find more, but she's basically a powerful shamaness leading a group of broos. She looks as if she is 10, because she turned to Mallia when she was that age, IIRC. She's also depicted in the cover of this Tradetalk issue.

• Like 1

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

The Tradetalk cover is such that it has never occurred to me that it depicts Muriah until this thread, and I've owned both it and Borderlands since they came out.

• Like 1

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

I was always a bit miffed that the original version of "A Tale to Tell" in White Dwarf had excellent portraits of all the named broos (and they have been reused as beastmen in Warhammer publications) but was lacking a Muriah portrait. Maybe evil goat men is ok while an evil girl is "troubling". Now, where do I have that issue?

• 1 year later...