Donandar

Soccercalle

A question. It seems that the parts of the Cults book will wait a few months more. I have one PC in my group being an initiate of Donandar. The other PCs are initiates to cults that are described in the core rules. 

We have based the Donandar PC on the long form in the Cult Compendium and the spell descriptions in the Red Book of Magic. The Cult Compendium says that an acolyte (god-talker in RQG) must have 90% in two entertainment skills and CHA below 8 or over 13.

Does anyone with inside information know if this will still be the case in the Cults book or if it has fundamentaly changed? 

I guess that the old CHA rules was based on appearance and that a low stat meant being ugly. But CHA in RQG has more to do with your connection to god and spirits. So being a God-Talker with CHA 5 seems wrong in RQG.

16 hours ago, soltakss said:

The preview copy I have says CHA 15 for Priests but does not mention God-Talkers.

I've presumed that since the GT requirements are the same  (with occasional exceptions), that they're effectively a priest without a position to take up. Evidenced by some cults not having GTs at all, but automatically gaining priesthood (eg, LM).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

I've presumed that since the GT requirements are the same  (with occasional exceptions), that they're effectively a priest without a position to take up. Evidenced by some cults not having GTs at all, but automatically gaining priesthood (eg, LM).

Yeah. In the old Cult Compendium they wrote that the Cult had few priests but a lot of acolytes. I guess that means few temples but many travelling troupes. @Nick Brookewrote on FB that the title will now be called Player. So it will maybe be the same. Travelling rune-priests with troupes.

Speculation: now that all initiates get reusable Rune magic (in RQG), there’s no need for the Cult of Donandar to have loads of Acolytes. In the before times, most cults used Rune spells largely for matters of life and death; the Donandar cult routinely used them for entertainment purposes.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Speculation: now that all initiates get reusable Rune magic (in RQG), there’s no need for the Cult of Donandar to have loads of Acolytes. In the before times, most cults used Rune spells largely for matters of life and death; the Donandar cult routinely used them for entertainment purposes.

If using the White Wolf / Cult Compendium versions, just change V. Acolyte Membership to

V. God-talker

Requirements: As per priests.

I don't think any other changes are needed. 

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/