In May the greatest RPG campaign ever written is coming to the Glass Cannon Network: Masks of Nyarlathotep

MOB

fqujln4x0aca5gp-1-.jpeg

The greatest RPG campaign ever written is coming to the Glass Cannon Network - Call of Cthulhu’s Masks of Nyarlathotep

Starring Ross Bryant, Kate Stamas, Noura Ibrahim, Rob Kerkovitch, and Keeper Troy Lavallee. Join them for the premiere "Time for Chaos" on Friday May 20th at 5pm PT /8pm ET: http://twitch.tv/theglasscannon

What the critics say about Masks of Nyarlathotep

• "This will be an adventure you and your RPG friends will be talking about 20-30 years after the event. If you played Masks years ago and want to play it again, yes. The best commercially available RPG scenario has got better." — The British Fantasy Society, Masks of Nyarlathotep: Call of Cthulhu. RPG review.
  • "For something which had already established itself early on as an rpg classic, Chaosium have gone and ratcheted-up this one to 11." — Whispers from the Ghooric Zone, The Lovecraftian Thing a Day (2018) No.182: The Masks of Nyarlathotep.
  • "The Greatest Roleplaying Campaign Ever? If Masks of Nyarlathotep is the campaign by which all other Call of Cthulhu campaigns are measured, then [this new edition of Masks] just raised the bar." — Reviews from R'lyeh, The Greatest Roleplaying Campaign Ever?.
  • "A touchstone campaign for Call of Cthulhu, much as the original Ravenloft adventure is for Dungeons & Dragons." — Refereeing & Reflection, The Greater Festival of Masks.
  • "...a milestone for Call of Cthulhu and for RPG campaigns. It expanded our ideas of what roleplaying game adventures could be and raised the standards for the industry and the RPG art form." — The New York Review of Science Fiction.
  • "...widely considered one of the best RPG adventures ever made" — Gizmodo.

Masks of Nyarlathotep

Masks of Nyarlathotep, 666 page slipcase set - $129.99, price inc PDF
Masks of Nyarlathotep special leatherette edition - $249.00 special price $199.00, price inc PDF
Also available at DriveThruRPG and Fantasy Grounds.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

It is a two-books-plus-full-of-handouts slipcase. If you click on the link, you will see a picture of the content.

The pdf costs $17.50 on Drivethru.

Keeping in mind that this is an old campaign, well-known and often-read.

I see no point in running a campaign where your players are very likely going to know it as well as the GM.

54 minutes ago, JDS said:

I see no point in running a campaign where your players are very likely going to know it as well as the GM.

The 7th edition version pdf is $60, and the original is only 248 pages compared to 666 in the new version. 

None of my players have read either version. 

Plus, I hate running games with PDF's.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Grimmshade said:

The 7th edition version pdf is $60, and the original is only 248 pages compared to 666 in the new version. 

None of my players have read either version. 

Plus, I hate running games with PDF's.

I haven't bought a hard copy in fifteen years. And there hasn't been a scenario written that I would pay $60 for. Frankly, Masks is pretty much a run-of-the-mill CoC adventure, shallow draft, if a longer run than most.

9 hours ago, JDS said:

8 hours ago, JDS said:

I haven't bought a hard copy in fifteen years. And there hasn't been a scenario written that I would pay $60 for. Frankly, Masks is pretty much a run-of-the-mill CoC adventure, shallow draft, if a longer run than most.

Excellent! There is no problem then!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, JDS said:

I haven't bought a hard copy in fifteen years. And there hasn't been a scenario written that I would pay $60 for. 

Given how successful and beloved the recent MoN edition was, I'm not sure of your point. The price-tag was a bargain for some. The MoN HPLHS prop set costs more than the campaign, and it too was totally worth it.

For contrast: I paid $500 for Platinum editions of each of my last two D&D campaigns (and twice that for additional props/miniatures), and I was happy with the result (though MoN was better).

A well-made campaign can provide say, 200 hundred hours of enjoyment for 5 adults. Meanwhile, the hourly value of an adult's free time can be worth tens if not hundreds of $. If I can run a better campaign for 13¢ per person-hour, I'll take it.

Edited by mvincent
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, mvincent said:

Given how successful and beloved the recent MoN edition was, I'm not sure of your point. The price-tag was a bargain for some. The MoN HPLHS prop set costs more than the campaign, and it too was totally worth it.

For contrast: I paid $500 for Platinum editions of each of my last two D&D campaigns (and twice that for additional props/miniatures), and I was happy with the result (though MoN was better).

A well-made campaign can provide say, 200 hundred hours of enjoyment for 5 adults. Meanwhile, the hourly value of an adult's free time can be worth tens if not hundreds of $. If I can run a better campaign for 13¢ per person-hour, I'll take it.

We just finished our 33rd session in my Tuesday campaign. That's 147 hours so far, and my investment is $50. Five players and me, that means I'm at a nickel a man-hour, and its still got a long way to go. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JDS said:

We just finished our 33rd session in my Tuesday campaign. That's 147 hours so far, and my investment is $50. Five players and me, that means I'm at a nickel a man-hour, and its still got a long way to go. 

Not really seeing why you're so adamantly against other people having fun their way. Some of us like good props and not always having to do all the work ourselves. It's cool if you don't like MoN, but it's also cool if we do. I generally don't make 4 posts about something I'm not interested in, but whatever. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Grimmshade said:

Not really seeing why you're so adamantly against other people having fun their way. Some of us like good props and not always having to do all the work ourselves. It's cool if you don't like MoN, but it's also cool if we do. I generally don't make 4 posts about something I'm not interested in, but whatever. 

I made one post, and then responded to people responding to me. Nowhere do I suggest that I am against people having fun in any specific way. 

On 4/27/2022 at 1:39 PM, JDS said:

Good stats there.🙂

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not much discussion of the show here. Personally, I find it excellent. The GM is excellent and his gravelly voice fits the style of the campaign like a glove. The players are very good as well, each with a distinct style. I dropped another stream I was following as soon as I realised how good this group is.

• Like 3