City on the Edge of Forever vol. 2

svensson

Hey Hey. Thanks for the interest

I'm steaming through Vol 02 at the moment, and I would guess January is realistic

(I was about to say December, but experience indicates always later than hoped...

But yeh, I would say Jan is genuinely realistic

Advance Information: Vol. 02 - "Old Pavis: The City That Time Forgot"

Anyone who wants previews can of course feel very free to volunteer for proofing :)

Edited by Ian A. Thomson
  • Like 5

------------------------------------

Former Issaries Inc. 'Pavis Expert'

Some of my creations and co-creations: https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/browse?keyword=Ian Thomson 

Basic proofing alone can be very helpful

Just reading a piece to spot any grammar or spelling mistakes or any parts that don't make sense or are repeated or missing information etc. It's a very useful role, and is really just going through the piece as an 'interested reader'. But in this case noting down anything that is a mistake or a 'clunk' in smooth reading

Also noting if anything contradicts your 'common knowledge' of Pavis/Glorantha or if any stats look wrong or insufficient

• Like 1

Some of my creations and co-creations: https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/browse?keyword=Ian Thomson 

3 hours ago, Darius West said:

I noticed you used my Reed Inn (D-16) encounter with Bagzaga Rag from the Pavis Encounters forum, slightly rewritten.

Just checked and you are credited (p159)

Hope that's sufficient

Great idea there!

Please say if its not OK, as it could be replaced

Apologies that I forgot to thank you at the time

So many elements and it just slipped my mind

Edited by Ian A. Thomson
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Darius West said:

I noticed you used my Reed Inn (D-16) encounter with Bagzaga Rag from the Pavis Encounters forum, slightly rewritten.

Can you explain the problem? Ian was asking for ideas he could use in his book, you contributed an idea, and you were credited in the book when he used it. Unless there’s more to the situation than meets the eye, I don’t see what the issue is.

• Helpful 1

2 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Can you explain the problem? Ian was asking for ideas he could use in his book, you contributed an idea, and you were credited in the book when he used it. Unless there’s more to the situation than meets the eye, I don’t see what the issue is.

I had no idea Ian was looking for ideas for a work to publish, I thought it was for his personal RQ campaign.  It was a surprise.

All good. People are busy and miss stuff. (Well, I do.) Anyway, talking to Darius by personal message now and happy to work it out to his satisfaction

Full thanks to him for the idea, which is great

And yes it is credited (happy to see I remembered to do that)

He seems happy for it to be in, so I think no issues, but as said, will stay in communication to make sure it's all good

As it is his idea at the end of the day

UPDATE: Yup, all sorted with Darius. Just a very simple slight misunderstanding of original intent. He is happy for his great idea to be in the book :)

Edited by Ian A. Thomson
  • Like 1

I have just had a walk-through of the city of New Pavis by Matthew Cole.

All I can say is WOW, just WOW!

It really captures the look and feel of New Pavis, and allows you to zoom into places on the city.

If this was available as an online tool, then I could see it being used by GMs to preview locations in their scenarios, and also to have run throughs of scenarios, with Adventurers moving through the streets.

Hopefully Matthew can post some screenshots, as appetisers.

@Ian A. Thomson You should try and get a preview from Matthew, as it will really bring Pavis to life for you.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 11/13/2022 at 8:23 PM, Ian A. Thomson said:

Just checked and you are credited (p159)

Hope that's sufficient

Great idea there!

Please say if its not OK, as it could be replaced

Apologies that I forgot to thank you at the time

So many elements and it just slipped my mind

S'All good.  You're a gentleman Ian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1