Sacred Time is coming up: What's a good heroquest to strengthen the clan?

Squaredeal Sten

• Squaredeal Sten changed the title to Sacred Time is coming up: What's a good heroquest to strengthen the clan?

There is the Lunar New Year ceremony which complements the regular Sacred Time Lightbringers Quest re-enactments, including many Pelorian bits from before the birth of the Goddess. The freeform game titled "White Bear and Red Moon" (yes, excactly like that board game that started this all) was played a number of times at conventions, including twice in Germany with me attending (as Pikat Yaraboom and Beat-pot Aelwrin, respectively), and it has a suggested script for the characters to follow (the script also includes the Lightbringers side and a cosmic unity one). Getting this script published would be helpful.

Edited by Joerg

Telling how it is excessive verbis

It seems that most of us who spoke up so far have had most of our contact with heroquests in King of Dragon Pass.  "Us" definitely includes me.

I have used a KODP heroquest in my own Zoom campaign.  And I have used one from Greg Stafford's material, with less appeal to the players, in a different campaign.  Another very short one based on Chaosium's published material.

I would like to GM more heroquests based on canon material / deep lore.  I appreciate the published advice to let the players write their own, but do not have players inclined to do that so far.  

For me the Other Side can / should be pretty reachable from the mundane Glorantha.

It is my understanding that there should be many traditional "in world" heroquests performed especially at Sacred Time.  And that their closeness to Godtime can be escalated.  Ideally there would be a library of these for GMs.

Edited by Squaredeal Sten
Ideally....
  • Like 1