BRP-based Magic World now available again in POD format

MOB

Magic World

Magic World is a self-contained fantasy roleplaying game using the classic Basic Roleplaying (BRP) system, and is now available in print again, via DriveThruRPG's Print-On-Demand.

• Magic World (272 page softcover) allows you to play characters in a world of fantasy, adventure, and excitement. The BRP-based rules are simple to grasp, while having enough options and complexity to suit any gaming style. Characters grow in experience organically, without relying on artificial constructs such as classes, levels, etc. Any sort of fantasy character you can imagine, you can play.

Advanced SorceryAlso now available Print-On-Demand: 

• Advanced Sorcery (128 page softcover), providing new options to players of the Magic World game, as well as other Basic Roleplaying-based roleplaying games.

Plus check out the six new POD titles we added to the Call of Cthulhu Classic range last week, plus over 150 more Print-On-Demand Chaosium titles at DriveThruRPG.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 6
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 2

Identical to the original print run, except for one tiny tweak to accommodate the Lightning Source print spec: if you notice it, let me know.

These recent re-releases of older books in POD (so far I’ve prepared three books for BRP, six or seven for Call of Cthulhu and ten for 7th Sea First Edition) aren’t revised in any way. No typos have been cleaned up, no texts have been pored over, no helpful suggestions have been incorporated, and they certainly haven’t been updated to use the latest version of the rules.

You need to understand that in many cases Chaosium no longer has editable versions of the original text and layout files; a few titles are reprinted from digitally scanned paper copies (NB: these all get proof-printed and quality-checked before going on sale, and if the quality isn’t good enough we won’t release).

These aren’t like the RuneQuest Classics or Call of Cthulhu Classics re-issues, or Rick’s reformatted Orient Express and Antarctic books, they don’t involve OCR'd text and fresh layout. Those are prestigious, high-priority restoration projects for Chaosium; these are nice-to-haves if we can make them work, but each book should only take a few hours to prepare. That’s how we can afford to do this.

If you want to wait for a new edition of Magic World, fully compatible with the (not-yet-released) ORC version of BRP, that is of course an option, and I commend your patience. In the mean time, there’s this. I hope you enjoy playing it!

Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 8
  • Helpful 2

6 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

If you want to wait for a new edition of Magic World, fully compatible with the (not-yet-released) ORC version of BRP, that is of course an option, and I commend your patience. In the mean time, there’s this. I hope you enjoy playing it!

Now that I've finally learned to stop talking about Magic World, you go on implying stuff ...

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 4