Question about the Dragon of Thunder Hills

Guy Hoyle

Spoiler, if you might possibly play in this scenario from the GameMaster Adventures pack!

One of the rewards involves founding the cult of Yerezum Storn, the dream dragon. While details of founding the cult of Orgovale Summer are included, there are no guidelines for founding the draconic cult. Have I missed them? Or are they indeed missing? I imagine it would involve keeping the head, but I'm not sure what kind of magic would be involved -- unless it's the benefits of keeping the head and betraying the dragonewts. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Guy

I don't think there's guidelines because stuff relating to dragons and dragon magic is usually NPC-only. Honestly though, I'm not sure if there'd really be a point besides upsetting the Dragonewts. Maybe you could sacrifice MP and POW to the head, but I doubt you'd get anything in return since there's not something on the other side to give anything. A few EWF heroes supposedly found other side pathways to set up theistic dragon cults, but that's very much in the realm of exploratory high level heroquesting. Maybe the head could be of use in gaining draconic insight through meditation or something? Idk, it seems to be a firmly "GM can do what they want" kind of deal.

• Helpful 1

"Company of the Dragon" by Andrew Montgomery (found on DriveThruRPG) had a really nice rule system for dragon mysticism. Primarily made for a cult led by a certain dragon spirit. I am probably going to be using it for my players that decided to make Yerezum Storn's cult (albeit way more slowly sense she does not care to teach them anything, only her Dragon Priest).