How to interrogate powerful rune lords

Soccercalle

14 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Yanafal Tarnils Rune Lord, Red Goddess and Hon-eel initiate, probably some others.

That's easy then,  it's Orlanthi with their guided teleports who are the problem.  Wearing a slave collar in an enemy temple?  You can still guided teleport home.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 9:34 AM, Darius West said:

Wearing a slave collar in an enemy temple?  You can still guided teleport home.

I believed the collar blocked specific magic (collar anti divine magic, collar anti sorcery, etc)

in that case guided teleport would not work? 
note my only reference about collar  is a French scenario found in the web during the 90’s so it may be wrong ?  (Or our glorantha may vary of course)

On 7/29/2023 at 6:02 PM, French Desperate WindChild said:

I believed the collar blocked specific magic (collar anti divine magic, collar anti sorcery, etc)

in that case guided teleport would not work? 
note my only reference about collar  is a French scenario found in the web during the 90’s so it may be wrong ?  (Or our glorantha may vary of course)

I thought the collar just keeps your MPs nice and low so it is easy to control the slave with spells like demoralize and befuddle.  Thus guided teleport still works.  I am referencing the Slave Collar info on page 109 of Cults of Prax.

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Brootse said:

Just kill the bugger, smuggle his corpse to your base, and have a shaman interrogate the ghost.

e: Or if the ghost doesn't follow the stiff, capture the ghost into a crystal or a binding.

kill the bugger
capture the ghost
leave the corpse behind, much harder to smuggle.

Having the ghost on-tap to answer further questions, as they occur later, is better.

C'es ne pas un .sig

1 minute ago, g33k said:

kill the bugger
capture the ghost
leave the corpse behind, much harder to smuggle.

Having the ghost on-tap to answer further questions, as they occur later, is better.

If you want to capture a ghost that doesn't initiate a spirit combat on its own, you need to discorporate first. One way for non-shamans to do it would be to light up the old hazia pipe. But unless you're willing to wait until the trip ends, you need to carry the haziahead's body back, so you'll end up carrying a body anyway.

One way to avoid that would be to make some other spirit that you have bound attack the ghost, and then bind the ghost.

• Like 2

Personally, I would be inclined to ensure that whatever plan they have fails.  Unless they are Hero level, or this kind of thing would happen all the time.  However, I would possibly have them learn/acquire something that gives them some leverage with Fazzur that allows them to gain some of the information that they want.

It feels like a heist and a Griselda heist at that.  Those NEVER go to plan but usually the key outcome is achieved.  So, either there is an additional bit of magic that allows him to escape but reveals something that he would not want internal rivals to know about, or leaves behind something that reveals information, or leaves him interested enough to want to speak to those bold enough to "almost" kidnap him and willing to provide details of some things if they were willing to use these skills to disappear someone else.

Stephen

Edited by StephenMcG
  • Like 2