Any news on this?

Metalzoic

On 9/4/2024 at 4:23 AM, MOB said:

On 9/4/2024 at 4:29 PM, MOB said:

ScreenShot2024-09-05at9_28_56am.png.ed474679e486cbd831c1cd16dd2d6a30.png

Here's one of them:

My takeaway from these is "not on the roadmap for 2024" because none of it mentions QW even in passing, and the timeline is out to December. Remember when 2022 was going to be the year of QuestWorlds, stated pretty definitively? "Well we haven't announced everything for 2024 yet" is much more vague and there is a long history of not delivering here. 

Edited by PackardMoose
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 10:00 AM, g33k said:

... I've got nothing I can point to in supporting my opinion, that will sway the cynics.

Yeah...
Case in point:

15 hours ago, PackardMoose said:

My takeaway from these is "not on the roadmap for 2024" because none of it mentions QW even in passing, and the timeline is out to December. Remember when 2022 was going to be the year of QuestWorlds, stated pretty definitively? "Well we haven't announced everything for 2024 yet" is much more vague and there is a long history of not delivering here. 

Some sort of bone here, @Chaosium?

Like, "we still have some hopes of hitting a 2024 release, but cannot commit because the logistical hurdles keep developing new Masteries in blocking us."
Or, "Most likely not in 2024, look for actual news in Q1/25"
Or, "we haven't abandoned the plans, but they are on the backburner for at least a few months, making no progress for now."
Or whatever  the news is.
(n.b. for  anyone reading -- none of the above are anything Chaosium has said (that I know of); they are wholly my own invention of things they might say)

• Helpful 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

I wait, as I am used to waiting, and I am patient.

Or, I use the SRD that is freely available. I am quite capable of creating templates to use for settings and know enough about the SRD to ignore most of it and use what I need.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2024 at 10:57 AM, soltakss said:

I wait, as I am used to waiting, and I am patient.

Or, I use the SRD that is freely available. I am quite capable of creating templates to use for settings and know enough about the SRD to ignore most of it and use what I need.

I'd be more patient if they didn't keep giving us dates and missing them. Overall a very poor job of managing expectations. "Underpromise and overdeliver" is Customer Satisfaction 101.

At this point the enthusiasm I had when they said "PDF in Q1 of 2024" has pretty much completely dried up. If they release it, and they release Glorantha material for it. I'll buy it. I otherwise just don't care that much anymore. If I have to build my own game, I wouldn't use QW SRD, I'd use Cortex, which I feel is more mechanically interesting, has more to differentiate individual characters, and is better-supported (which says a lot because Dire Wolf is NOT doing a great job of supporting it).

I really just wanted a Glorantha game that isn't BRP (which I actively dislike at this point, on top of considering it a poor fit for "mythic roleplaying") or 13th Age. I have the old HQG, and I prefer it to either of the above, but it feels kind of poorly-presented and generally in need of updating. QW felt like the best chance of that happening, but my interest is declining along with my optimism. The fact that they seem to be paying more attention to an ElfQuest reissue than the repeatedly delayed QW says a lot about where QW stands. Even if it comes, my expectations are now that it will be poorly supported.

I just sort of feel bad for Ian at this point. I feel like he put significant effort in, only to have it languish.

Edited by PackardMoose
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, PackardMoose said:

ElfQuest reissue than the repeatedly delayed QW says a lot about where QW stands

As these two likely have very different resources (i.e. people) involved, I don't think there is any equivalency or that bringing out a Kickstarter for ElfQuest says anything about QW. MOB has already hinted above that there may be further news before end of 2024, but speculation either way doesn't add anything.