Any news on this?

Metalzoic

Chaosium seems to not like to announce project-status when it only amounts to "still working on it... just like the last time we updated."

And as Jaja says, likely it's going slow.

C'es ne pas un .sig

Ian has further said that his work is done, so we must be getting close.

https://dice.camp/@ian_h_cooper/110866619097883449

We don’t talk release schedules - marketing likes to manage that - including if we are going to crowdfund but your patience will be rewarded soon. (I can’t tell you because that’s not my call).

But I can say that my work as writer, art director, and Susan the editors work are done 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PackardMoose said:

Ian has further said that his work is done, so we must be getting close.

https://dice.camp/@ian_h_cooper/110866619097883449

"close" is a very, very loose term, here.
Layout could take a long, long time; then the proof/print/ship cycle is likely a 3- to 4-month minimum.

It may languish in Chaosium's  "projects awaiting available resources"  pile indefinitely while their layout people handle other (expected to have larger audience) projects.
They might hire someone specifically for the project.

I'm hoping they'll see fit to launch the production immediately via crowdfunding.  It seems to be in an ideal state (text & art complete!) for that sort of thing.

Honestly:  that Ian even mentions this, makes it seem likely.  I presume they will need to ID & hire an experienced layout X crowdfunder X project-manager person (or team) who is(are) willing to work on contingency (i.e. the success of a crowfunding program).

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/11/2023 at 12:23 AM, Jakob said:

There must be a cover by now, right?

On 7/13/2022 at 10:07 AM, MOB said:

Art for Questworlds is by the amazing Lionel Marty and we are close to done. Lots of amazing art and our cover is already in. I have four more pieces of art direction to find time to write, and then we can close out this volume.

‘Landing’ by Lionel Marty

I have zero inside information, and I am saying neither that that is the cover nor — much as I might wish it — that all the art is in greyscale.

Edited by mfbrandi
trimmed
  • Like 1

NOTORIOUS VØID CULTIST

• 5 weeks later...

I know I shouldn't be impatient ... but isn't it time for something official on the chaosium website?

Honestly, I'm concerned about the lack of promotion. This game is going to flop if Chaosium treats it as an afterthought, which seems to be the case. I get it, CoC is the cash cow and RQ is reasonably popular, and they're going to continue to promote those the most, but the silence has been deafening on this project for years. Even going back to the earliest editions as HeroQuest, it hasn't been marketed or promoted much.

I'm currently playing with 7 other avid TTRPG gamers, and I'm the only one who has even heard of QuestWorlds. This isn't how you get mind share with gamers. This is how you get relegated to the pile of obscure products in a niche market, another barely-remembered subfolder in the "_OtherStuff" folder of RPG pdf collections. And that would be a shame, because I think it's a much more interesting system than stodgy and stale ol' BRP (which I really have no desire to play ever again, despite the fact that I loved it in the early 80s).

I guess time will tell. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

• Helpful 1

Ian posts on X and Bluesky, here's the most recent update on both platforms:

Ian Cooper @icooper.bsky.social

Ian Cooper @ian_h_cooper

·Dec 3, 2023

For those not at Dragonmeet yesterday our big news was we are hoping for a PDF of #QuestWorlds by the end of the year (or beginning of next) and a print release by end of Q2 in 2024. It’s has been a long haul; my thanks to those of you who have kept faith with me on that journey

More News very soon.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PackardMoose said:

Honestly, I'm concerned about the lack of promotion. This game is going to flop if Chaosium treats it as an afterthought, which seems to be the case. I get it, CoC is the cash cow and RQ is reasonably popular, and they're going to continue to promote those the most, but the silence has been deafening on this project for years. Even going back to the earliest editions as HeroQuest, it hasn't been marketed or promoted much.

I'm currently playing with 7 other avid TTRPG gamers, and I'm the only one who has even heard of QuestWorlds. This isn't how you get mind share with gamers. This is how you get relegated to the pile of obscure products in a niche market, another barely-remembered subfolder in the "_OtherStuff" folder of RPG pdf collections. And that would be a shame, because I think it's a much more interesting system than stodgy and stale ol' BRP (which I really have no desire to play ever again, despite the fact that I loved it in the early 80s).

I guess time will tell. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

I think that in this case it is a GOOD thing, that it was not discussed or promoted in the last few years. 
HeroWars is nowadays associated with the computer game of the same name. 
HeroQuest was always known as the "Games Worksop fantasy board game", and while GMing HeroQuest i always had to explain that it has nothing to do with the GW board game. 
The short time a lot of people got it (the fact that HeroQuest was the Glorantha RPG, and not the GW board game) it was associated as "the Glorantha RPG". Which it isn´t anymore. 
QuestWorlds couldn´t be promoted in the last few years, because there is no published product with that gaming line so far. 

When QuestWorlds is ready (the PDF available, and the print version on the horizon) THAT is the time to start discussing and promoting the game. 
IMHO it would be wise to not confuse potential new players with "HeroWars", "HeroQuest", or "Glorantha", just promote QuestWorlds as Chjaosiums universal storytelling game system. 

But this are only my two cents, and what the heck do i know?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndreJarosch said:

... just promote QuestWorlds as Chjaosiums universal storytelling game system ... 

*cough*cough*BRP*cough*cough*

As Chaosium's narrative (and universal) game system, perhaps?
🤡

("storyteller" being a specific other game-system from another publisher; "narrative" seems to be the preferred term for engines like HW/HQ/QW & Fate &c)

Edited by g33k
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

15 hours ago, PackardMoose said:

Honestly, I'm concerned about the lack of promotion. This game is going to flop if Chaosium treats it as an afterthought, which seems to be the case. I get it, CoC is the cash cow and RQ is reasonably popular, and they're going to continue to promote those the most, but the silence has been deafening on this project for years.

Marketing will kick into high gear when we have a product for people to actually buy. Which will be very soon.

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1

On 1/11/2024 at 1:44 AM, g33k said:

("storyteller" being a specific other game-system from another publisher; "narrative" seems to be the preferred term for engines like HW/HQ/QW & Fate &c)

"Storytelling" being the name of the version of the Storyteller used for Chronicle of Darkness (AKA nWOD, WoD 2.0, etc.)...

Edited by Mugen

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2024 at 12:44 AM, g33k said:

*cough*cough*BRP*cough*cough*

As Chaosium's narrative (and universal) game system, perhaps?
🤡

I prefer storytelling. I don't want to pull in a term from GNS, and Greg used the term storytelling as far back as Prince Valiant.

1 hour ago, Ian Cooper said:

I prefer storytelling. I don't want to pull in a term from GNS, and Greg used the term storytelling as far back as Prince Valiant.

Fair enough; I disagree -- just based upon how conventional usage has worked out -- but then, I don't see universal agreement on all points is necessary or desirable.

Don't you agree, comrade?  😉

C'es ne pas un .sig