"RuneQuest Official Guru" t-shirt from 1994 has been lovingly recreated

MOB

20230914-162300-1-.jpg

If you were lucky, you might have got one of these at the first RuneQuestCon, held in Baltimore MD in January 1994 (Avalon Hill Game Company vice president Eric Dott was handing them out). Now – with one heartfelt addition* – here’s a replica of that very t-shirt. 

Thanks to uber-RQ fan Edward Jones for recreating this historic TTRPG logo. 

*can you pick out what that is? 

Available in our official merch Store at Redbubble, along with hundreds of other Chaosium designs: https://www.redbubble.com/shop/ap/151896161

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, MOB said:

If you were lucky, you might have got one of these at the first RuneQuestCon, held in Baltimore MD in January 1994 (Avalon Hill Game Company vice president Eric Dott was handing them out).

I was lucky enough to get one of these t-shirts at RQCon 1 and wore it a lot over the years, to the point that the logo became unreadable. And now I have a pristine new one!

Edited by MOB
  • Like 1

Any plans for a shirt with a less impressive name? Maybe "RuneQuest aficionado" or "RuneQuest fancier"?

"Guru" seems like a lot to live up to and will set expectations in social circumstances that I don't feel confident living up to. 

Edited by Zac
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MOB said:

I was lucky enough to get one of these t-shirts at RQCon 1 and wore it a lot over the years, to the point that the logo became unreadable. And now I have a pristine new one!

Cool! Oddly, I don't remember the shirt at all from RQCon1, but I'm sure there must have been a number of folks with them on.

4 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Cool! Oddly, I don't remember the shirt at all from RQCon1, but I'm sure there must have been a number of folks with them on.

AH vice president Eric Dott had a box of them at the Avalon Hill table. I remember saying when he handed me one, "Ah great, glad they're available in Standard Gamer XL".  (Almost three decades later I'd probably to say "Standard Gamer XXL")

11 hours ago, Joerg said:

Doesn't look quite genuine. Even though I never saw the original,

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think the original logo had that Sartar/Stafford rune before Quest...

Reread my point about the replica's "heartfelt addition".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2023 at 9:58 AM, Russ Massey said:

You're lowering the value of the original shirts, still kept in the packageing and never worn. I insist you burn a dozen copies of Lost City of Eldarad to even the balance!

I haven't done the necessary calculations, but... it's  possible  that burning copies of that tome will raise the value of the  entire line  of RQ products, including Lulu-POD's, Redbubble goods, &c.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig