Future BRP Conversions

HierophantX

The new version of Merrie England has three times the material as the old version, so is not just a conversion.

I didn't realise that Stupor Mundi was being released for BRP.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Stupor Mundi is going to be released again, in some way or another, but not soon. I doubt it will be converted to BRP, though.

I'm glad it will be released again. I think this is the only game book I haven't picked up from you:) I was holding out for a BRP version after you announced Merrie England was going that route. Please consider dual stats for BRP or a pdf add-on for them when you are closer to a re-release.

'Merrie England' will be great, I'm really hanging out for it.

'ROME' and 'Crusaders of the Amber Coast' are good too, I really like the new support for Fantasy Earth. By all accounts 'Stupor Mundi' was a fine product, it's a pity that it was out of print before I got to purchase it - I was rather hoping that it would see the light of day as BRP to sit nicely alongside my other Alephetar Books. If not BRP, then RQ6 or another D100/BRP-related system perhaps?

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

Well, I suppose it is now the time for an "official" announcement, as several people are wondering what will happen and I do not like leaving questions unanswered.

The already announced "BRP Mecha" and "Rome: Generals and Senators" will be released as Chaosium BRP supplements, as planned. They will, however, be delayed till 2012, whereas we hoped to have theme ready in 2011. Unfortunately, both writers (Ken Spencer and me) are rather busy and I really do not want to rush any product. Better delayed and good than on time and so-so.

Stupor Mundi Second Edition and VOD (d100 Steampunk) are planned and undergoing playtest, too, but they have no ETA. Moreover, it is not yet clear which incarnation of d100 they will use. The announcement of RQ6 has opened new opportunities, of course, and Alephtar Games is considering them all.

Apart from this, I have another couple of submissions that I am currently considering, but nothing else will be planned until we have a clear plan for all of the above.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

I guess my specific question pertains to the Land and People section of Merrie England. Almost 2 years ago, Simon, we were talking about how cool it would be to have a "Lord of the Isles" piece of the Merrie England setting and some of the interesting stories and characters associated with the period in northern England, Scotland and the islands. I'm just wondering if that stuff made it in?

Also, how are the maps? My benchmark for awesome period maps is the Lionheart supplement from the Harn folks back before the Wall fell. But I'm wondering how much/if you expanded the cartography of the Merrie England setting.

Well it sounds like some interesting supplements ahead from Alephetar Games. I don't think the D100/BRP system has been this well supported for at least 20 yrs, its great to see new titles keep rolling out!

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

By niche, what do you mean? What additional character types and regions of the Isles and Mainland are covered?

I've added the Norse Background, to cope with Mann and the Isles, as well as the Shetlands and Orkneys.

I guess my specific question pertains to the Land and People section of Merrie England. Almost 2 years ago, Simon, we were talking about how cool it would be to have a "Lord of the Isles" piece of the Merrie England setting and some of the interesting stories and characters associated with the period in northern England, Scotland and the islands. I'm just wondering if that stuff made it in?

The Table of Contents that I submitted is at http://www.soltakss.com/merrieengland/ME_TOC.txt - obviously, some things might not have made it and some things might have changed slightly.

The Lord of the Isles made it in, as did the raping bishop and the longships of the area.

The Areas of England have been expanded, as have the areas outside of England. These are just sketches, but might provide some ideas for scenarios.

Also, how are the maps? My benchmark for awesome period maps is the Lionheart supplement from the Harn folks back before the Wall fell. But I'm wondering how much/if you expanded the cartography of the Merrie England setting.

I have absolutely no idea. Unfortunately, I don't draw maps, or anything else, very well, so I haven't drawn any new maps. Maybe we have new maps for the supplement, but I don't know. It would be nice to have maps of Christendom, for example.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here