DRAGON PASS - A Gazetter of Kerofinela

Trifletraxor

dragon-pass.jpgDragon Pass, A Gazetteer of Kerofinela illustrates the marvels and wonders of heroic and mythic Kerofinela. Journey from deadly Snake-Pipe Hollow through the Bush Range past impossibly tall Kero Fin, to occupied Boldhome (capital of the Kingdom) and then south into legendary Heortland. Witness the wonders of ancient Kerofinela, birthplace of great Orlanth.

Dragon Pass, Land of Thunder is a supplemental book for the Sartar Rising campaign. It provides maps and information on all of the important places in the land. Many features are described that in the past were only names, and many new places are detailed as well. In addition to many smaller maps, the print version of the book comes with a large, full-color map of Sartar. It also includes a complete index, making it the ideal resource for use with other Moon Design LLC books.

Dragon Pass, A Gazetteer of Kerofinela is a must for any narrator running a Sartar campaign, and for any serious fan of Glorantha. It is fully compatible with the HeroQuest Core Rules or indeed any game system.

By Greg Stafford and Friends. 72 Pages. Published by Issaires, Inc. November 2003.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

• 1 year later...

Has this ever been reprinted, maybe as part of another book? And/or, will this level and style of detail on this specific region be included in the new Guide to Glorantha?

No and probably not.

From what I have seen, some things made it into Sartar and Sartar Companion, but in a limited form. Some things were expanded on, though. I would expect the same to apply to other works.

However, I have not seen the text of the Guide to Glorantha.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Yeah, I have bought the PDF. I have just often heard that one of the problems with Glorantha is too much focus has been put on Dragon Pass/Sartar/Orlanthi, and yet, if this product is the only gazetteer of this region, I have to wonder: Is this all? It seems to lack the level of detail you find in, say, Griffin Mountain. Granted, there is more to cover. I am new to Glorantha, so I’m just not sure what other sources I should go to to fill in the gaps.

Yeah, I have bought the PDF. I have just often heard that one of the problems with Glorantha is too much focus has been put on Dragon Pass/Sartar/Orlanthi, and yet, if this product is the only gazetteer of this region, I have to wonder: Is this all? It seems to lack the level of detail you find in, say, Griffin Mountain. Granted, there is more to cover. I am new to Glorantha, so I’m just not sure what other sources I should go to to fill in the gaps.

There is a ton of stuff on Glorantha. Just go to DriveThruRPG.com and type "Glorantha" in the search bar and you will see a bunch of stuff.

You could also get a copy of Rick Meint's Index to Glorantha which lists everything published for Glorantha.

P.S. Rick is the moderator of this forum.

I have just often heard that one of the problems with Glorantha is too much focus has been put on Dragon Pass/Sartar/Orlanthi, and yet, if this product is the only gazetteer of this region, I have to wonder: Is this all? It seems to lack the level of detail you find in, say, Griffin Mountain. Granted, there is more to cover. I am new to Glorantha, so I’m just not sure what other sources I should go to to fill in the gaps.

One of the major annoyances about Glorantha was that Sartar was clearly a really important are, for Orlanthi and the Hero Wars, but virtually nothing was written about it. We had Apple Lane and Snakepipe Hollow, but that was it. Then came HeroWars, which had a lot of focus on Dragon Pass and Orlanthi culture, with 2 culture books and 4 scenario books, but again virtually nothing about the places. Then came the Gazetteer, which covered all of Dragon Pass in exquisite detail. Finally, came Sartar/Sartar Companion for HeroQuest, which is why some people complain that it has been done to death.

So, Griffin Mountain was a culture book/scenario pack combination, but the Dragon Pass Gazetteer was simply a description of the places of Dragon Pass. Sartar would probably be a better book to compare with Griffin Mountain.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 4 years later...

Pdf (with expanded index so 90 pages now) being proposed with a -33% discount at $3.34 until the end of the month, but strangely without the Wesley Quadros' map, for info, you can find it on Glorantha.com:
http://www.glorantha.com/docs/dragon-pass-land-of-thunder-map/
in HQ (12mb).
As said in errata:

The scale on this map appears to be incorrect, due to inconsistencies in the source maps. Based on analysis of older maps, we believe that Dragon Pass is approximately 10% larger than this map would indicate.

• Like 1