Looking For Sartar PDF Sourcebooks

Arkangel

Posted (edited)

I've been trying to find PDFs of the 2012 printings of both Sartar books published by Cubicle 7, but can't seem to find them. Does anyone know of a source, or where the material may have been reprinted in? I'm really getting into RQG, and Glorantha, and would like to see more.

Edited by Arkangel

46 minutes ago, Arkangel said:

I've been trying to find PDFs of the 2012 printings of both Sartar books published by Cubicle 7, but can't seem to find them. Does anyone know of a source, or where the material may have been reprinted in? I'm really getting into HQG, and Glorantha, and would like to see more.

Please note that they are no longer for sale as we no longer hold the HeroQuest trademark: Moon Design Publications transfers ownership of the HeroQuest trademark to Hasbro.

You best bet is to find copies of the books for sale online or in the rare FLGS that may have new copies!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Arkangel said:

I've been trying to find PDFs of the 2012 printings of both Sartar books published by Cubicle 7, but can't seem to find them. Does anyone know of a source, or where the material may have been reprinted in? I'm really getting into HQG, and Glorantha, and would like to see more.

As noted, the "HeroQuest" name -- as a (c) -- has been sold.  Nobody can publish a "HeroQuest" titled game without a license from Hasbro.  The used aftermarket is the way to go.

Chaosium is has re-branded the line as "QuestWorlds" -- https://questworlds.chaosium.com/ .  But they are still in prep for issuing the first core rulebook (which will almost certainly be genre-neutral, not Gloranthan).  Glorantha followup volumes seem likely, but uncertain.

You can also find some QW stuff on the JC, for example:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/en/product/316797/Valley-of-Plenty

@Nick Brooke my attempt to search the JC for all QW titles failed; do you have a search for this user to use? )

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

There are five QW-only products on the JC: Valley of Plenty, Heort’s Legacy, Alakoring’s Legacy, Forged in Blood and Snow and Kingdom of the Flamesword.

The Six Paths includes QW stats.

I think that’s it. Sorry if I missed something.

1 hour ago, Nick Brooke said:

... The Six Paths includes QW stats. ...

Y'know, I need to sit down and actually read through Six Paths!
I've only skimmed it quickly, and ^F'ed for specific topics.

C'es ne pas un .sig

9 hours ago, Arkangel said:

Does anyone know if the material from these books have been reprinted in any if the RQG or JC material?

The Jonstown Compendium does not reprint former HeroQuest publications. Some of the Sartar material by the contributors will have inadvertently been based on material in these books, though.

You can expect the descriptions of the cities of Sartar to experience a massive overhaul in the upcoming Sartar Book - Jonstown in the Starter Set is significantly different from the version in the Sartar Companion.

The general gazetteer material from these books should be reprinted in the RQG Sartar book, or adapted (both to RQG, the years after 1625, and changed general impressions of Sartar).

There don't seem to be any immediate plans to make the HQQ2 scenarios available for QuestWorlds.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

21 hours ago, Arkangel said:

Does anyone know if the material from these books have been reprinted in any if the RQG or JC material?

Some community content programmes run by other companies encourage authors to update material written for older editions of their games to use the current rules. Chaosium’s do not. Material from old Hero Wars and HeroQuest books can’t be copied and reissued via the Jonstown Compendium: you would have to come up with something original and creative that’s inspired by it, instead.

So if you want to write an adventure for RuneQuest or QuestWorlds that features cultists, shrines or myths of “Finovan, the Orlanthi god of cattle raiders” (or whatever), you can certainly do that. Don’t just copy or paraphrase text about Finovan from a previous Gloranthan book, as that’s not allowed. And don’t expect anyone who’s familiar with RuneQuest HeroQuest / Glorantha books published in the last twenty years to know what you’re going on about, unless you explain it in your own (original, non-paraphrased, non-cut’n’pasted) words.

HTH.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2024 at 8:33 AM, Jason D said:

... the old material has been updated and is in the Sartar homeland sourcebook, in late development. 

<air-washes hands, cackling in avaricious glee>
"It will be ours, preciousss...  Soon, yes, very ssssooon...."

C'es ne pas un .sig