Lots of SPAM

soltakss

I hit 'Report Post' on a couple of the spams a few days a go. Did that get through? Is there any point doing that?

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Worrying - where are No.s 2-to-20, and what are they up to? I foresee these guys appearing in a future BRP Adventures...

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

That could be quite a few spam posts with that many logins. Either someone has lots of idle time on their hands or it's a bot. Either way, I really dislike spammers!X(

Edited by Skunkape
I can't type!

Skunk - 285/420 BRP book

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall

Long Beach Dub Allstars & Black Eyed Peas

Guest Vile Traveller

Worrying - where are No.s 2-to-20, and what are they up to?
They are clones, and the Computer is their friend ... shodan.gif

Actually, one good thing about spambots is that they dredge up interesting old threads that I'd completely forgotten about.

Edited by Vile

This is where one can see the connection between SPAM and a DoS (Denial of Service) attack. SPAM is a DoS attack. If a DoS attack is illegal (YMMV), wouldn't that also make SPAM illegal. Food for thought.

SPAM or UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email) is illegal in the US but it doesn't stop some of the world's worst spammers from operating from there.

Nigel

• 2 weeks later...

Seek and destroy beetles have been released, but the spambots are numerous. I've changed the Q&A verification and added email verification for any new users. This will probably also hinder some legit new users, but seems necessary now given our opposition.

Triff.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.