Chaosium Blow Out Sale - Shipping to Australia

pansophy

Hello Folks,

so since Chaosium has the 50% off sale going on:

Anybody in Australia going to buy something? Maybe I can order everything in one go to save on shipping costs, distributing it locally once it arrives here in Brisbane.

Could do the AU Post run then - have to calculate if it is still cheaper then, but since shipping even one Monograph to AU costs about 40$, I expect AU Post is still cheaper than international shipping.

I estimate international shipping costs at around 80$, so if at least three people (including me) get together, we might break even, maybe get stuff even cheaper.

Contact me, so I get an overview about the shipping costs and then will let you know up-front how it works out - and if it is worth the trouble.

Hmmmm

This comes at a bad time for me, otherwise I would take you up on that offer as getting delivery here to Brissy is pretty costly

But I don't think I can do it just at present

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

They say:

Thus, we have 50% off the Following: All BRP and Call of Cthulhu Monographs! Novelties & Accessories! All licensed Call of Cthulhu products, including Fantasy Flight Games boardgames and miniatures, Cubicle 7 books, Golden Goblin, Arc Dreams, and more! All non-English language books! Nephilim! (These books will not be reprinted or reordered once they’re gone!)

So.......none of the BRP or Call of Cthulu monographs are ever going to be re printed again ? Are the authors aware of this ? 

They've probably all been paid for their work. IIRC a monograph author gets USD200. If Chaosium choose to develop it into a  non-monograph then the author might get paid more but.....

With the new management in place they may opt to go down a POD route for the old monographs but no monographs a business decision that may or may not be permanent.

Nigel

Mission to Epsilon has literally only just hit the streets...yet it it's gone already. ? I went to order it and it seems to have vanished. Not even in the sale ?

I do hope they go down the POD route. Some of the most interesting stuff I've ordered for CoC and BRP has been monographs. And the vast bulk of the material for BRP is  monographs, take those away and you don't have much of a line left.

I noticed that wording in the sale announcement, too, and was similarly concerned.  I thought going generic with BRP was a good decision that helped Chaosium get away from being "all Cthulhu, all the time."  Venerable Call of Cthulhu isn't the only Lovecraftian game in town anymore; while it is still the flagship product, more flexibility in the company's offerings couldn't hurt.  The monographs were a low-cost, low-risk method of exploring new genres while giving free-lance authors a chance to try their wings and demonstrate what they could do.  If the BRP Big Gold Book line of stuff is now "non-standard," that pretty much wipes out what fans at BRP Central have been working toward for the past eight or nine years.

I hope that if my fears prove true that at least the new/old team will make BRP material available via print-on-demand and PDF.  I mean, the product is already published and paid for; the only thing left is to let the profits trickle in.  The main problem I've had with monographs -- for both BRP and Call of Cthulhu -- is that they haven't been advertised and haven't been available outside of Chaosium's website.  You can't sell stuff if people don't know it exists and have extremely limited options for getting their hands on it.  It would be ironic if Chaosium ditched monographs because they "weren't profitable" when the company has done little or nothing to promote or distribute them.