Pulp Cthulhu = AWESOME

darklament

Get it. NOW. Don't ask, just do it. It is so good.

I was busting some heads about it being so late & for that I am sorry. It is so worth the long wait. I will be getting a hardbound copy ASAP. After so many years of different RPGs doing Pulp, this does it right on some many levels. Art, character options, play style, etc. Congrats to all involved :)

-Jefferson

Edited by darklament
  • Like 4

Yeah it's the best pulp I have seen, because it is essentially a set of tool kit options that you can fiddle with to adjust to the level of pulp you want. Often I find pulp era games a little too pulpy, so I like that these options can do low pulp rather well, right up to wildly pulp flavour.

Yes it's great, I am really hanging out for the hardcover printed edition

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

I don't like the Characteristics being different from the earlier editions stat blocks solely because of minor inconsistency issues with the back catalogue. However it's no big deal in actual game play, and it does add some internal consistency to how things are recorded on the character sheet.

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Belgath said:

How compatible is Pulp Cthulhu with CoC 7 adventures?

The rules in Pulp Cthulhu only make the characters a bit more powerful, so there should be no general compatibility problems. 

• Like 1

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

On Sunday, July 03, 2016 at 5:32 PM, nclarke said:

You know what DreadDomain just divide the characteristics by 5 and then I'm sure you'll be happy.

What a great advice.

On Sunday, July 03, 2016 at 7:18 PM, Mankcam said:

I don't like the Characteristics being different from the earlier editions stat blocks solely because of minor inconsistency issues with the back catalogue. However it's no big deal in actual game play, and it does add some internal consistency to how things are recorded on the character sheet.

Mostly the same for me. Even when mechanics changed between edition, having the GUI mostly the same really does help backward compatibility.

In actual play, no issue at all, only an aesthetics preference I suppose.

• Like 1