Berlin '61 PDF

sumtara

Is the Berlin '61 pdf being sold as a Monograph for $15.95 ($11.17 this weekend) the same as the one that was on Lulu for 98 cents

That's quite a price difference. I think I'm waiting for the deadtree version. It's basically the same, but adjusted for BRP rules.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

I suppose Im the most qualified to respod to that question, since I am the author of both books.

The Monograph should be viewed as a Berlin '61 2nd Edition. It is revied and updated to fit as a supplement to Call of Cthulhu set in the Cold War. The skills, spells and monsters have been revised to fit with CoC. It also includes guidelines for using the setting with the new BRP rules including SAN rules for various spells and abilities present in BRP and BRP 0 Edition.

It includes a new chapter on Super Spies and Super Heroes, to allow the setting to be used in conjunction with those kind of games.

The Kototh mythos and background has been revised to fit into the Cthulhuverse with Kototh modified to be a servant of Cthulhu and not a substitute Cthulhu.

But I will be flat out honest, other then a few modifications, a few new additions and a much better layout, they are very very similar books. I do recommend purchasing the new version, as it incorporates data and work from the three original GORE Berlin '61 works into one document, but also because it supports Chaosium.

Whether the book sells or not, I still get my money. But I am very interested in helping BRP and Chaosium flourish in 2008.

Anyway, thanks for the interest in Berlin '61.

I suppose Im the most qualified to respod to that question, since I am the author of both books.

I just bought this (hehe doing my bit to keep Chaosium alive in 2008, especially at the 30% off sale :)).

Nice layout and great work! If it's not asking you to give away a trade secret, how did you do the maps for Museum Island?

I just bought this (hehe doing my bit to keep Chaosium alive in 2008, especially at the 30% off sale :)).

Nice layout and great work! If it's not asking you to give away a trade secret, how did you do the maps for Museum Island?

That would be the work of one of my chief artists, Robert Schoolcraft. I use guru.com to find up can coming industry artists who are willing to work fairly cheap.

That would be the work of one of my chief artists, Robert Schoolcraft. I use guru.com to find up can coming industry artists who are willing to work fairly cheap.

Thanks mate. I thought you may have used some software for the maps but couldn't identify what software it could be. Tell them very nice work (and that they deserve a pay rise ;) hehehe).

Just to be a bothersome drunkard - how much of the product is occult stuff such as alien gods of doom et al? Say I wanted to run a Le Carré-type game (and Ron Edwards Spione didn't impress me once I found the rules chapter), how useful would this be?

• 2 years later...