RoH character sheets?

Conrad

On 11/05/2017 at 9:29 PM, ORtrail said:

So, the secret to getting things done is to ask Conrad to ask for them?  :)

Seriously though, thanks for this Newt!  The B&W sheet is clean, clear, and easy on the ink. 

Not really, the secret is to ASK. Nicely, and say "Thank you/arigato gozaimasu/danke schon/merci beaucoup" afterwards. ;)

Edited by Conrad
  • Like 1
http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

I was referencing a request I made in another RoH thread about needing a simple B&W character, but now that I know that Newt didn't have the character sheet file, it makes sense it got lost in the shuffle.  No harm, no foul.  Just happy to have one now, plus i just learned about the upcoming RoH Companion book which I think I'll want to get my hands on. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I didn't think this needed a new thread, but I wanted to mention what I was up to with RoH.  I used it to run a Fringeworthy adventure earlier this year,  and for Free RPG Day 2019 I'm working on something I've always wanted to run: an adventure set on Jack Vance's Tschai Planet of Adventure. 

I'm in the process of converting the RoH character sheet.  There will be 5-6 of them, all with the planetary map, space for character art, and one of the alien races of Tschai depicted (Green and Blue Chasch, Wanek, Dirdir, Pnume, and maybe one with a Night Hound). 

I finally feel like I have the resources to run a Tschai adventure; with heavy reliance on the old GURPS setting book, but also recently getting the entire series on audio book.  There is a French Tschai RPG that came out late last year, so I'll have to keep an eye out for the English translation (if it happens).  It was based heavily on the French Tschai comic book adaptation I think. 

Anyway, here is the work-in-progress Tschai Planet of Adventure character sheet.  I included 'BRP' in the title for name recognition value, but then again the two players I had for Fringeworthy had never actually played any Chaosium RPG.  They understood percentages though, and had no issues with the game system.

3TzOrgM.png?1

E0SbpuS.png?1

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 4/7/2019 at 7:55 PM, ORtrail said:

I didn't think this needed a new thread, but I wanted to mention what I was up to with RoH.  I used it to run a Fringeworthy adventure earlier this year,  and for Free RPG Day 2019 I'm working on something I've always wanted to run: an adventure set on Jack Vance's Tschai Planet of Adventure. 

I'm in the process of converting the RoH character sheet.  There will be 5-6 of them, all with the planetary map, space for character art, and one of the alien races of Tschai depicted (Green and Blue Chasch, Wanek, Dirdir, Pnume, and maybe one with a Night Hound). 

I finally feel like I have the resources to run a Tschai adventure; with heavy reliance on the old GURPS setting book, but also recently getting the entire series on audio book.  There is a French Tschai RPG that came out late last year, so I'll have to keep an eye out for the English translation (if it happens).  It was based heavily on the French Tschai comic book adaptation I think. 

Anyway, here is the work-in-progress Tschai Planet of Adventure character sheet.  I included 'BRP' in the title for name recognition value, but then again the two players I had for Fringeworthy had never actually played any Chaosium RPG.  They understood percentages though, and had no issues with the game system.

3TzOrgM.png?1

E0SbpuS.png?1That's awesome, ORtrail.

http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

On 4/7/2019 at 1:55 PM, ORtrail said:

3TzOrgM.png?1

E0SbpuS.png?1

ORtrail you don't happen to have  character sheet for BRP Fringeworthy do you? If you do I sure would appreciate getting it...

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

BTW @ORtrail I just found your Fringeworthy post over on the Tri-Tac form. Very interesting stuff! I have old copies of Fringeworthy and Bureau 13. Would love to play them!

On 4/21/2020 at 9:00 AM, rsanford said:

ORtrail you don't happen to have  character sheet for BRP Fringeworthy do you? If you do I sure would appreciate getting it...

Uh, yeah I did play around with one.  Let me dig it out.

There are three character sheets you can download with a bit of different art:

Werewolf: http://www.mediafire.com/file/85ndrzruxm91lt8/Bureau13_MasterCS_Wereworf.pdf/file

Spaceship: http://www.mediafire.com/file/o1djhu3clvoa2qt/Bureau13_MasterCS_Spaceship.pdf/file

Zombies: http://www.mediafire.com/file/szti4otmtobwv1i/Bureau13_MasterCS_Zombies.pdf/file

Let me know about any issues or needed corrections.   'Leap-Horse' is a remnant from the Tschai character sheet.  That needs fixed.

*** Fixed the above CS links ***

Edited by ORtrail
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, rsanford said:

BTW @ORtrail I just found your Fringeworthy post over on the Tri-Tac form. Very interesting stuff! I have old copies of Fringeworthy and Bureau 13. Would love to play them!

After Richard Tucholka passed back in 2017 I decided to run Fringeworthy for Free RPG Day that year.  I was going to use the 1992 edition, but I'd forgotten how complex some of the rules could be.  I switched over to using Supers! Revised instead, as creating pregens was much faster and easier. 

Later, I decided I wanted a system that was designed for normal humans, so BRP was the logical choice for me.  I ran BRP Fringeworthy in 2019 and it went great.  

Now, NONE of the players had ever played Fringeworthy before, so it was the setting that interested them -not the game system.  The game system is more about making the GM's life easier. 

Edited by ORtrail
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ORtrail said:

Uh, yeah I did play around with one.  Let me dig it out.

There are three character sheets you can download with a bit of different art:

Werewolf: http://www.mediafire.com/file/85ndrzruxm91lt8/Bureau13_MasterCS_Wereworf.pdf/file

Spaceship: http://www.mediafire.com/file/o1djhu3clvoa2qt/Bureau13_MasterCS_Spaceship.pdf/file

Zombies: http://www.mediafire.com/file/szti4otmtobwv1i/Bureau13_MasterCS_Zombies.pdf/file

Let me know about any issues or needed corrections.   'Leap-Horse' is a remnant from the Tschai character sheet.  That needs fixed.

Thank you - I will put these to good use.

7 hours ago, ORtrail said:

After Richard Tucholka passed back in 2017 I decided to run Fringeworthy for Free RPG Day that year.  I was going to use the 1992 edition, but I'd forgotten how complex some of the rules could be.  I switched over to using Supers! Revised instead, as creating pregens was much faster and easier. 

Later, I decided I wanted a system that was designed for normal humans, so BRP was the logical choice for me.  I ran BRP Fringeworthy in 2019 and it went great.  

Now, NONE of the players had ever played Fringeworthy before, so it was the setting that interested them -not the game system.  The game system is more about making the GM's life easier. 

Yeah it's sad this game both Bureau 13 and Fringeworthy seem somewhat forgotten despite shows like X-Files, SG1 and Fringe. The rules don't thrill me so much but the setting seems perfect.

The above links for the character sheets are updated with a corrected 'Ride' skill.

LOL, oh man I need to stop with the multi-tasking!  I swear I read you asking for Bureau 13 sheets!  Okay, time to add some new links:

Fringeworthy APC art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zkv2qnvbeqts5em/Fringeworthy_BRP_Character_Sheet2_-_FillableAPC.pdf/file

Fringeworthy Hazard Suit art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8n94v25k2eaer45/Fringeworthy_BRP_Character_Sheet2b_-_FillableHazardSuit.pdf/file

Edited by ORtrail
  • Like 1