Classic Fantasy Excel Worksheet

threedeesix

I was holding on to this as I don't like releasing something that isn't finished. But seeing as it will be a while until I can get back to it again, and there are people that can benefit from it now. Here is a Worksheet that will do all the calculations for you when creating a Classic Fantasy character.

I want to greatly expand upon it in the future, but for now, here are some functions and omissions...

• All cells are locked so you don't have to worry about deleting key data.
  • Fill in the light blue cells and the sheet will do the rest.
  • I do not use Random Gen, so the sheet is set up for Point Buy. However, feel free to roll the dice and enter the data in the Point Buy cells so the final scores equal the rolled results if you wish.
  • When a race is chosen, the worksheet will provide a list of allowed classes.
  • When class and race are chosen, the worksheet will provide a list of general and professional skills for both to reduce having to refer to the book.
  • All Attributes are calculated for you, modified for race and class; age, hit points per location, luck points, etc. However take into account that random numbers such as age will recalculate whenever the sheet is refreshed, so I just use the last value generated when I finish.
  • Height and weight are not yet included.
  • Characteristics and Attributes are on the first Tab, Skills are on the second Tab
  • As far as I know, all of the little modifiers, such as fighters, barbarians, monks, etc. getting a +5 bonus to Combat Style are included as well.
  • At this time, the sheet isn't set up for multi-class characters. But you may still be able to use it for such by simply ignoring the running totals for Skill Points and using the info provided in Classic Fantasy.

I have been using the sheet for about eight months or so, and with it I can create a Classic Fantasy character in about 5 minutes.

If any errors are found, please double check them, and if they are legitimate errors, let me know and I'll update the sheet. I do not have time to expand on the sheet at this time beyond 'simple' corrections.

It can be found in the Downloads section here...

Enjoy,
Rod
  • Like 6

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

• 8 months later...

Last night I was playing around, using this as an import into LibreOffice Calc on the Mac, and everything seemed OK.  I did not remember to test Raleel's observation above, though.

Thanks, Rod.  I like this a lot, and I am going to adopt some of its approaches to my house sheet for generating plain Mythras characters, as you have found good ways to handle some things that give me pains.

What I miss from this sheet is not the bits about multiclassing and little mods, but a section on the Skills tab that would tell me what Rank my character is, and maybe what I need to attain next Rank. :-D

Our latest Horror Fantasy adventure has arrived.  Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!

a little digging on this (getting the password for the spreadsheet would help, if you are willing) but it appears to be defaulting to Half-Elf, and not Half-Orc. I would not be surprised if that dash is a special character, and it's stopping there, so both half-elf and half-orc are "half" and it stops at the first one it finds.

46 minutes ago, Matt_E said:

hahah  When I open it in Calc, I can edit whatever I want, after I turn off Protect Sheet (and it doesn't ask me for a pwd).

thanks! I'll do that!

edit: confirmed. I removed the protection, changed the Half-Orc cells (via search) to HalfOrc and it was able to adjust correctly. 

Edited by Raleel
follow on work

Yeah, it does an exact match of the text in the list-box selection to pull the related data from the Charts tab, using the LOOKUP function.  If the text in the list box doesn't match that in Charts, because of e.g. a typo, then the right data probably won't be pulled.

Our latest Horror Fantasy adventure has arrived.  Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!

this was more of a problem with using a dash in the name. it was having problems parsing past it. I would not be surprised if it though it was Half minus Elf and Half minus Orc, which both don't make sense, so it just uses Half.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rod, Raleel, and all, I have just uploaded a related spreadsheet file (for base Mythras characters, not CF) over on the Design Mechanism forum.  Thanks for the inspiration, Rod! :-)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Matt_E said:

Rod, Raleel, and all, I have just uploaded a related spreadsheet file (for base Mythras characters, not CF) over on the Design Mechanism forum.  Thanks for the inspiration, Rod! :-)

No problem Matt. Glad I could help.

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"