Trying to find a scenario to run for my group

T3h_Infection

Hello. I have been looking on the net but I can't find any where that can answer this for me so I thought I would come here. They are wanting something classic 80's slasher film style instead of what we have been doing (Time to Harvest), They want more of a survival instead of a investigating type to give a break.

You could pen your own homage to the movie In the Mouth of Madness

From H.P. Lovecraft's "History of the Necronomicon"

... In A.D. 950 the Azif, which had gained a considerable tho’ surreptitious circulation amongst the philosophers of the age, was secretly translated into Greek by Theodorus Philetas of Constantinople under the title Necronomicon. For a century it impelled certain experimenters to terrible attempts, when it was suppressed and burnt by the patriarch Michael. ...

This implies that once the Necronomicon was far more accessible than today's fragmentary scraps - first editions could have been almost as readable as a modern howto book.

What impact would such an accessible edition have on today's world? An electronic edition which people could email to their friends? I think you would have your slasher scenario.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EricW said:

You could pen your own homage to the movie In the Mouth of Madness

From H.P. Lovecraft's "History of the Necronomicon"

This implies that once the Necronomicon was far more accessible than today's fragmentary scraps - first editions could have been almost as readable as a modern howto book.

What impact would such an accessible edition have on today's world? An electronic edition which people could email to their friends? I think you would have your slasher scenario.

I have recently found a few podcasts with a decidedly Lovecraftian twist to them http://pnwstories.squarespace.com/work/  specifically the Black Tapes and Tanis.  Also perhaps have a go at Rabbits https://www.rabbitspodcast.com/episodes/

While they are not slasher based, they are fun and creepy and definitely Ancient Horror meets Internet Millenials.  Of course, not enough filthy hipster bite the dust for my liking :)

Edited by Darius West
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2017 at 10:13 AM, T3h_Infection said:

Hello. I have been looking on the net but I can't find any where that can answer this for me so I thought I would come here. They are wanting something classic 80's slasher film style instead of what we have been doing (Time to Harvest), They want more of a survival instead of a investigating type to give a break.

I had an idea.  The classic CoC scenario "The Haunting" could easily be converted into your Slasher style survival horror without much of a re-write.  All you need to do is put it in the countryside, add a creepy shed and barn, and a few rusting sundries in the yard and a bit of a re-write of the handouts and suddenly Walter Corbitt is a great slasher villain.  Imagine the added horror of injured characters being kept gagged with bloody rags  and tied up with rusty barbed wire prior to being sacrificed on some foul altar by a depraved slasher lich.

The scenario has been in most CoC rules prior to 7th Ed.

Edited by Darius West
  • Like 1