Other system conversion help?

dracopticon

This has almost certainly been addressed here before, but I haven't seen any thread on it. The question is: I need conversion from other systems to BRP, for example from AD&D to BRP, is there any such help given anywhere, where I could get it?

Thankful for any answer.

Erik B.

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx

Guest Vile Traveller

I know there have been specific conversions from one system to BRP all over the web, But I have never seen a sort of "conversion system" that would work for multiple systems. I wonder if such a thing would even be possible.

By AD&D I presume you're talking about 1st or 2nd edition? D&D 3rd edition is actually very simple to convert, as the d20 system easily converts into percentages, and the 3d6 characteristic base is the same (although there seems to be some kind of exponential growth in D&D 3rd edition beyond a characteristic of 20 or so).

...But I have never seen a sort of "conversion system" that would work for multiple systems. I wonder if such a thing would even be possible.

No you're right. What I mean is more a conversion 'platform' or 'model', and one for each different other RPG systems I need.

By AD&D I presume you're talking about 1st or 2nd edition?

Yep, that's right. And also other systems, such as Gurps, Rolemaster, etc.

Well, I'll have a look see on the net.

Thanks!

Erik.

Here's GURPS-to-CoC rules. NEMESIS has conversion rules for ORE-to-COC, and D20 is readily converted to CoC.

I also remember seeing a Tri-Stat-to-CoC conversion out there, but I'll have to look for it, and InSpectres did a really rather fun CoC "conversion." Well; setting. Sort of...

Edited by mr_mitts

~ Britannia Waives The Rules ~

Kingdom of the Blind: Call of Cthulhu roleplaying in 1920s Britain...

Its Time Come Round: Setting and campaign/arc for H.P. Lovecraft's End Times (release: on hiatus)

Slaves of Freedom: Roleplaying in a world of Revolutions, alchemical magicks, fantasy monsters and powdered-wigs (release: TBA)

This has almost certainly been addressed here before, but I haven't seen any thread on it. The question is: I need conversion from other systems to BRP, for example from AD&D to BRP, is there any such help given anywhere, where I could get it?

Thankful for any answer.

Erik B.

Which systems?

Why do you need more than one? Just curious.

Which systems?.

I'd say AD&D (as a matter of fact, even the 3rd ed D&D would come in handy), Gurps and - if it's possible - the age-old system of Judges Guild. Then Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (1st ed) wouldn't hurt... just to name a few. Perhaps even old system parts by Task Force Games, like the ones they use in the Central Casting-books.

Why do you need more than one? Just curious.

Because I am a collector of quite a few different RPG (FRP mostly) books from all kinds of different publishers, both old OOP and new ones. And I intend to use a lot of these books and their material (modified) in my own world of EBROS. I fervently collect fantasy communities, such as cities, towns and villages to be able to easier populate my central continent. Atleast that's the plan.

Edited by dracopticon