AT-43

PK Games

AT-43 has fantastic plastic minis and a good basic rulesystem for tabletopping. The minis are top prepainted and are all first class. (but so is their price)

But really what do you mean with "conversion"? Is there any mentionable lore or world setting connected with AT-43? I didnt detect anything of worth in the AT-43 rulebooks or at the rackham homesite.

AT-43 has fantastic plastic minis and a good basic rulesystem for tabletopping. The minis are top prepainted and are all first class. (but so is their price)

But really what do you mean with "conversion"? Is there any mentionable lore or world setting connected with AT-43? I didnt detect anything of worth in the AT-43 rulebooks or at the rackham homesite.

Gee that was very helpful.

Lets see....INTERGALACTIC WAR! That seems a world setting. There is Ava and Red Bloc involved in an intergalactic cold war, there are the therions trying to covert the entire galaxy. And then you have UNA seeking out the Therion worlds to take the fight for them.

Ignoring the Therions alone you still have all the political manuevers of the Red Bloc and UNA. Spying, trade, diplomatic missions, secret operations and open warfare.

Add in the Karmans who were once on the Therion side but are switiching and then you have interactions between them and the humans.

Just reading through the two page background in the starter rules (not to mention the main books) and you have essentially a cold war era space game. There is lots of potential for a strong RPG setting here. Stronger then the final result of 40KRPG or even Star Wars. IMHO.

As far as conversions, I refer to a skill list, statistics for weapons/troop types, races and so forth as a starting point. From there you take the RPG setting away from the battlefields and into the shadows between battles.

Edited by PK Games
typo

Looks a bit Warhammer 40k to me. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing... just... superfluous? (Or am I clutching at straws?)

~ Britannia Waives The Rules ~

Kingdom of the Blind: Call of Cthulhu roleplaying in 1920s Britain...

Its Time Come Round: Setting and campaign/arc for H.P. Lovecraft's End Times (release: on hiatus)

Slaves of Freedom: Roleplaying in a world of Revolutions, alchemical magicks, fantasy monsters and powdered-wigs (release: TBA)

Gee that was very helpful.

Lets see....INTERGALACTIC WAR! That seems a world setting. There is Ava and Red Bloc involved in an intergalactic cold war, there are the therions trying to covert the entire galaxy. And then you have UNA seeking out the Therion worlds to take the fight for them.

Ignoring the Therions alone you still have all the political manuevers of the Red Bloc and UNA. Spying, trade, diplomatic missions, secret operations and open warfare.

Add in the Karmans who were once on the Therion side but are switiching and then you have interactions between them and the humans.

Just reading through the two page background in the starter rules (not to mention the main books) and you have essentially a cold war era space game. There is lots of potential for a strong RPG setting here. Stronger then the final result of 40KRPG or even Star Wars. IMHO.

As far as conversions, I refer to a skill list, statistics for weapons/troop types, races and so forth as a starting point. From there you take the RPG setting away from the battlefields and into the shadows between battles.

Just a few pages (how many? 2?) background for a tabletop game does not make a setting IMO. For military SF adventuring there are much better settings out there. Look at the great WH40k with its new Dark Heresy, Starship Troopers, Aliens/Cthulhu rising or SJG Traveller Mercenaries. These are reasonable and full fledged military settings I would prefer everyday to AT-43.

Just a few pages (how many? 2?) background for a tabletop game does not make a setting IMO. For military SF adventuring there are much better settings out there. Look at the great WH40k with its new Dark Heresy, Starship Troopers, Aliens/Cthulhu rising or SJG Traveller Mercenaries. These are reasonable and full fledged military settings I would prefer everyday to AT-43.

So to answer my initial question this thread started as......NO. So instead of trying to tell me my interest in AT-43 is a waste, you could have just said you dont know of any conversions for AT-43.

Dark Heresy is one of my favorites, I run the Unearthed Apocrypha website for it. Starship Troopers is a D20 game and therefore I have no interest in it, have no interest in the setting either.

Im glad you have your preferences. Keep them. But I did not ask for someone to try to persuade me out of my interests.

Thank you.

Now, back to topic.

If you know of any conversions for AT-43 to BRP or not, please let me know. If you are interested in doing a RPG based on AT-43 let me know.

If you arent, then dont respond.

Im glad you have your preferences. Keep them. But I did not ask for someone to try to persuade me out of my interests.

Thank you.

Now, back to topic.

If you know of any conversions for AT-43 to BRP or not, please let me know. If you are interested in doing a RPG based on AT-43 let me know.

How charming. Did you really write Berlin '61?

Dark Heresy is one of my favorites, I run the Unearthed Apocrypha website for it. Starship Troopers is a D20 game and therefore I have no interest in it, have no interest in the setting either.

As an aside, I heartily recommend Starship Troopers' setting, even if I also consider D20 a pile of doo-doo.

~ Britannia Waives The Rules ~

Kingdom of the Blind: Call of Cthulhu roleplaying in 1920s Britain...

Its Time Come Round: Setting and campaign/arc for H.P. Lovecraft's End Times (release: on hiatus)

Slaves of Freedom: Roleplaying in a world of Revolutions, alchemical magicks, fantasy monsters and powdered-wigs (release: TBA)

How charming. Did you really write Berlin '61?

Yeah not my most charming moment. But sometimes you ask a specific question and then get responses that dont follow what you asked in the first place. Just gets my goat from time to time is all.

I wrote Berlin '61 with the assistance of some online friends. The genesis and setting were my idea and creation (not that I created Berlin or the year 1961) but had assistance in putting together some of the historical facts and information.

Hi PK Games,

My problem is that I'd love to see AT-43 as an RPG, but I don't play wargames and thus the only materials I have for the setting are various promo (i.e. free) bits I've picked up here and there. Not enough to do a proper conversion of anything, really (esp. since I agree that the Cold War-esque stuff is the real meat of a potential RPG, not the battles). But rest assured that there's at least one other BRP player out there who's as interested in a conversion as you are!

KoOS

So to answer my initial question this thread started as......NO. So instead of trying to tell me my interest in AT-43 is a waste, you could have just said you dont know of any conversions for AT-43.

Thank you.

Now, back to topic.

Ok. Then lets try it. I dont think that anybody ever considered a conversion of AT-43 for BRP because of its nearly non-existant background material. Making a conversion for this tabletop game would mean that one can write the whole background lore which is necessary to generate a good roleplaying game by oneself.

But if you are the one which want to do this, maybe a look at Cthulhu rising could help you to find some rule mechanics. For ideas how to resolve modern combat in BRP, I would also recommend Cthulhu Now, Delta Green and of course our new BRP book.

I hope this suits better as answer to your question and helps you to cool a little bit down. :)

PK,

I have seen the games on sale, and they looked interesting, but since all my mini-money was going to heroscape, I didn't get any. Based on your recommendation, I might pick some up...when I get back to the states.

Until then, I would be more than happy to assist with a conversion to BRP.

-STS

• 2 weeks later...

Not that I'm going to run this with BRP (yet:) ) but FFG/Rakham released a AT-43 RPG supplement at GenCon so somebody else had the bright idea to take the multiple pages of fluff and produce an RPG for it. I've got no idea what system it used because it was sold out by the time I wandered over there (rat farts).

Later,

Greg Volz

Natural Twenty Gaming

Not that I'm going to run this with BRP (yet:) ) but FFG/Rakham released a AT-43 RPG supplement at GenCon so somebody else had the bright idea to take the multiple pages of fluff and produce an RPG for it. I've got no idea what system it used because it was sold out by the time I wandered over there (rat farts).

Later,

Greg Volz

Natural Twenty Gaming

Need....

More....

Info....