Adventures from the 2003 edition?

BigJackBrass

I've heard favourable comments made about the adventures included in the 2003 edition of HeroQuestbut haven't been able to find a copy of the book at a reasonable price. 

Does anyone know if the adventures have been reproduced elsewhere, preferably in PDF form?

• Like 1

I believe that HeroQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha was originally available in PDF form. So I would hope that it could be made available again at some point. As you say, it's worth having just for the adventures (which include a heroquest - Heavy Earth).

• Like 2

There were 4 adventures in HeroQuest:

• Physical Combat example: High Pressure Front, 5 pages

• The Social World example: Chasing Kites, 8 pages

• The Magical and Unpredictable World example: Fish Rain, 5pages

• Heroquesting example: Heavy Earth, 3 pages

And let's not forget Hero Wars adventures (2000):

• Physical Combat example: The Hound Tower, 8 pages

• Magical Combat Exemple: The Food Thief, 14 pages

• Ritual MAgic Exemple: The Demon On The Red Grove, 12 pages

• The Other Side example: The Grotto Of Despair, 18 pages

Note: For french HW edition, we got instead an original one: Chaos Never Sleeps, 9 pages.
+ one another with the Screen: Sleeping Waters Awakening, 25 pages

Edited by 7Tigers
  • Like 3

@Steve A couple of questions (1) Would you expect these edited to be HQG instead of HQ1e? (2) Would you be willing to pay for them? I ask this mainly because (1) it would only make sense for Chaosium to upload it, if it was not going to confuse customers and (2) that implies editing time etc. which means Chaosium needs to get a return on the costs of doing that. Not saying it can't happen, but just trying to get a feel for the appetite for what we might have to do to make this happen.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ian Cooper said:

@Steve A couple of questions (1) Would you expect these edited to be HQG instead of HQ1e? (2) Would you be willing to pay for them? I ask this mainly because (1) it would only make sense for Chaosium to upload it, if it was not going to confuse customers and (2) that implies editing time etc. which means Chaosium needs to get a return on the costs of doing that. Not saying it can't happen, but just trying to get a feel for the appetite for what we might have to do to make this happen.

IMO don't need to be converted to HQG. Yes to payment

34 minutes ago, Ian Cooper said:

I'm asking if the original PDFs could be uploaded for those books, assuming they already exist. I'm not expecting the rulebooks to be recreated if they don't already exist in PDF (though I think they do), and I don't expect any conversion to HQG. Yes, I would expect people to pay for them (it's unlikely I'd pay for the PDF myself, given that I already have hard copies).

I'm not asking for any editing, conversion, etc, just a simple upload (if they exist) to the online Chaosium store.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Steve said:

I'm asking if the original PDFs could be uploaded for those books, assuming they already exist. I'm not expecting the rulebooks to be recreated if they don't already exist in PDF (though I think they do), and I don't expect any conversion to HQG. Yes, I would expect people to pay for them (it's unlikely I'd pay for the PDF myself, given that I already have hard copies).

I'm not asking for any editing, conversion, etc, just a simple upload (if they exist) to the online Chaosium store.

Thanks for the clarification @Steve

• 2 years later...

I just noted that pdf for 2003 HeroQuest rules has been made available on Chaosium site!
https://www.chaosium.com/heroquest-1st-edition-pdf/
so the 4 adventures in it are now available again:

• Physical Combat example: High Pressure Front, 5 pages

• The Social World example: Chasing Kites, 8 pages

• The Magical and Unpredictable World example: Fish Rain, 5pages

• Heroquesting example: Heavy Earth, 3 pages

And even until monday, with 50% off for The Vault items (use code 'VAULT50' )!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1