Masks of Nyarlathotep Pre-release List

MOB

Chaosium is pleased to announce the Stars are Almost Right! The Masks of Nyarlathotep PDF will be released within the next few weeks, and if you sign up to our pre-release list you'll be the first people to know it's available.

You'll be able to get the PDF immediately, so you can start playing what is "...widely considered one of the best RPG adventures ever made" (Gizmodo).

And you will receive a coupon for the full cost of the PDF off the price of the print edition when it is released later this year.

In the mean time, we are going share some exclusive previews, art and special surprises from the new Masks.

1561266214_MasksCovers.png.b296335ae8045a1b6112274142a51475.png

• Like 3

MASKS OF NYARLATHOTEP is coming soon, and we have just sent out our first preview to everyone on the special pre-release list.

If you'd like to join that list and get the inside scoop on what is widely described as one of "the greatest RPG campaigns of all time", sign up here: http://eepurl.com/dwlxJ9

Screen+Shot+2018-05-31+at+9.10.06+pm.png

Featured art: "The Black Pharaoh" by Loic Muzy.

It is now brutally obvious why this was split into two books. 

The first book alone is over 370 pages! WHAT!?!

If anyone watching hasn't signed up for the email list, I recommend that you do.  PDF of Table of Contents plus some art.  Well worth it.  This will be a collector's item as well as "the" definitive version of this classic campaign.

• Like 1

That Black Pharaoh looks awesome.

I see "Horror in the Juju House" and I'm reminded on the time I ran that section. When they left the Juju House (1 dead, 3 temporary insane, another was smart enough to not enter and wait outside...he herded the survivors back to safety) my players requested a break.

I comply, since I could use the time to sort my notes. They were drinking sodas when I overheard one of the players say "That was F***d up" (in English, even when our language is Spanish). Best compliment I ever had for one of my games. :D

I've been hoping to get a solid answer from Chaosium if they were going to make the Masks of Nyarlathotep available on Bits and Mortar when the PDF is ready so we can preorder the hard copy from our local shop and get the PDF the same day so we don't have to choose between getting the book as soon as possible or supporting our local shop. I realize things are moving very fast at Chaosium with all the new product coming down the pipe but as soon as they confirm this, I'm bringing some cash to my local store and making it happen.

2 hours ago, Pestigor said:

I've been hoping to get a solid answer from Chaosium if they were going to make the Masks of Nyarlathotep available on Bits and Mortar when the PDF is ready so we can preorder the hard copy from our local shop and get the PDF the same day so we don't have to choose between getting the book as soon as possible or supporting our local shop. I realize things are moving very fast at Chaosium with all the new product coming down the pipe but as soon as they confirm this, I'm bringing some cash to my local store and making it happen.

If you buy Masks of Nyarlathotep from a FLGS that participates in Bits and Mortar you will get the PDF included in the price. But you'll have to wait until the book goes into retail distribution.

• 2 weeks later...

We have just shared a second set of preview files with everyone on our Masks of Nyarlathotep Preview List. If you're on the list you'll now see the Table of Contents from Vol 2, an excerpt from Chapter One "Campaign Beginning", and the 10 pre-gen characters provided for the campaign (these can be used as starting or replacement characters, or for inspiration). We previously shared the ToC from Vol 1 and several pieces of art. The next preview is going to show off some of the handouts.

MASKS OF NYARLATHOTEP will be unleashed on the world soon - on or before July 1st. We'll be ramping up the frequency of the previews leading up to the release.

If you'd like to join the pre-release list, sign up here: https://chaosium.us8.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=c3792dc30db9982558880998c&id=09a559d6d5

Here's the announcement of the release date: https://www.chaosium.com/blogmasks-of-nyarlathotep-release-date-announced-for-july-1st-2018/

29 minutes ago, klecser said:

I'm ahead of MOB posting, but I just want to throw out there that the PDF length is 666 pages and I just think that fact is spectacular.  I'm venturing that it was not deliberate, but fantastic just the same.

14 hours ago, NotRussellCrowe said:

Is the slipcase edition limited, will I be able to get it next year? 

The slipcase is not a limited edition, but it is possible our initial print run may run out. We may then do a second printing if we think the demand is there. We have reprinted the 7th ed core rules multiple times since 2014.

14 hours ago, NotRussellCrowe said:

How long is the coupon good for to get the physical books if you order the PDFs?

These coupons don't have an expiry date, though obviously at some point the physical books may no longer be in print. 

7 hours ago, MOB said:

The slipcase is not a limited edition, but it is possible our initial print run may run out. We may then do a second printing if we think the demand is there. We have reprinted the 7th ed core rules multiple times since 2014.

These coupons don't have an expiry date, though obviously at some point the physical books may no longer be in print. 

Great to hear, thank you!

Now what's the chance of having a Canadian warehouse in the near future? 😁

On 6/21/2018 at 10:01 AM, MOB said:

My email states the coupon expires September 30, 2018. Is this correct or is there no expiration date?

7 hours ago, ronin said:

My email states the coupon expires September 30, 2018. Is this correct or is there no expiration date?

The 10% Field Trip reward coupon for the Miskatonic University: The Restricted Collection Kickstarter expires on September 30. That's a different coupon to one purchasers of the Masks PDF will receive that entitles them to the full price of the PDF off the printed book. You can use the Field Trip coupon when buying the PDF though.

And released! 

Did your Chaosium temporarily crash? The purchase took two goes to go through! 

At first glance it looks amazing. Great art. All professionally well laid out. With all the MoN props now available it will be one hell of a campaign! 

• Like 1