Any news for Chaosium's BRP Gold Replacement

Archivist

????

um... nonesuch, I think.

The "BGB" (DaVinci Man cover) is still for sale in PDF, and I think softcovers have not sold out. The plan is to PoD thereafter, afaik.

Last I had heard, there was no plan for any "updated" BGB; it has been, I think, at least a year since they announced that.

###

Is there any New News to the contrary (in the past few months)?

C'es ne pas un .sig

4 minutes ago, g33k said:

????

um... nonesuch, I think.

The "BGB" (DaVinci Man cover) is still for sale in PDF, and I think softcovers have not sold out. The plan is to PoD thereafter, afaik.

Last I had heard, there was no plan for any "updated" BGB; it has been, I think, at least a year since they announced that.

###

Is there any New News to the contrary (in the past few months)?

The BGB (softcover) is in print and continues to be a steady seller. There are no current plans to replace it. 

I'd also say that mechanically the current BGB is not really outdated: its basics are sufficiently close to the current RQG that you can port rules one way or the other without any compatibility problems. Just change APP back to CHA... (well, there also are slight differences in the way strik ranks and hit locations work, but still...).

If I remember correctly the idea of a new BRP Essentials was first circulated when it seemed that RQG would be an evolution of RQ6 - which is significantly different both from older RQ and from the BGB.

I guess this is what became of THAT BRP Essentials...

http://thedesignmechanism.com/resources/TDM110 Mythras Imperative.pdf

On 9/2/2018 at 1:22 PM, smiorgan said:

I'd also say that mechanically the current BGB is not really outdated: its basics are sufficiently close to the current RQG that you can port rules one way or the other without any compatibility problems. Just change APP back to CHA... (well, there also are slight differences in the way strik ranks and hit locations work, but still...).

If I remember correctly the idea of a new BRP Essentials was first circulated when it seemed that RQG would be an evolution of RQ6 - which is significantly different both from older RQ and from the BGB.

I guess this is what became of THAT BRP Essentials...

http://thedesignmechanism.com/resources/TDM110 Mythras Imperative.pdf

BGBv2 could usefully consider such things as "Stunts" from Blood Tide, "Arete" from MW/AdvancedSorcery for skills over 100%, some CoC7-content (which is every bit as much "BRPE" as RQG is), and I'm sure other bits and bobs that have come out since the original BGB did; and some tightening/rearranging of the rules, some guidance as to what bits go best together, for folks who haven't been following the game since before the BGB was a gleam in Chaosium's eye...

Edited by g33k
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig