Donandar : Skills, spells and passions

Manu

Easiest thing is to just translate the Entertainer professional skills and passions to the cult. If you're good at your job, you're good enough for Donandar. RQ3 included a funny restriction where you had to be distinctive looking in some way (low or high appearance) but I think now the way CHA plays into performance skills already handles that. He was open to all spirit magic and sorcery but taught none himself. Rune magic was various illusions and the old spell Harmonize, which worked like Jack O Bear power. 

For a full modern write up I'd let his powers interact directly with the passion system as a fun minigame that weaponizes that side of the character sheet. But that might be a whole other project.

singer sing me a given

3 hours ago, scott-martin said:

Easiest thing is to just translate the Entertainer professional skills and passions to the cult. If you're good at your job, you're good enough for Donandar. RQ3 included a funny restriction where you had to be distinctive looking in some way (low or high appearance) but I think now the way CHA plays into performance skills already handles that. He was open to all spirit magic and sorcery but taught none himself. Rune magic was various illusions and the old spell Harmonize, which worked like Jack O Bear power. 

For a full modern write up I'd let his powers interact directly with the passion system as a fun minigame that weaponizes that side of the character sheet. But that might be a whole other project.

I kept APP alongside CHA, because they are quite different things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manu said:

Hopefully this cult will be in the Cult book

I believe it will be.  

Note that an earlier RQ version appears in the Cult Compendium (was originally in Different Worlds IIRC).  

Skills: Act, Climb, Dance, Disguise, Juggle, Jump, Orate, Play Instrument, Sing, or Tumbling.

It taught no Spirit Magic but didn't forbid any.

Common Rune Spells:  A priest of Donandar has access to the following common divine magic, if he is fortunate enough to belong to a troupe which operates a major temple: Divination, Excommunication, Extension, Sanctify, Spell Teaching, and Worship Donandar.
Special Rune Spells: Harmonize, Illusionary Motion, Illusionary Sight, Illusionary Sound, Switch Places.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jeffjerwin said:

Here's my attempt: 

Thanks for the reading. It is a good start for my player (until the official version comes up).

But one more question : Donandar is Illusion. Skald are Truth. What is the Skald God in the Orlanthi Pantheon?

2 minutes ago, Manu said:

Thanks for the reading. It is a good start for my player (until the official version comes up).

But one more question : Donandar is Illusion. Skald are Truth. What is the Skald God in the Orlanthi Pantheon?

Drogarsi is the skald/war dancing god, an aspect of both Orlanth and Donandar. He doesn't have the Truth rune - his stories are full of boasting. I think you may be thinking of Orlanth Lawspeaker (a form of Orlanth), or Lhankor Mhy.

There is is also Skovari and Skovara, the puppeteers and dancing gods, who are associated with Orlanth and Ernalda, the folk entertainers.