Secrets of Mostali parquetry...

MOB

2 hours ago, womble said:

You still wouldn't be able to polish it though... ;)

You would be astonished about certain types of polished jewelry from Sweden, using elk matter. (Elk as in alces alces.)

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

15 minutes ago, Joerg said:

You would be astonished about certain types of polished jewelry from Sweden, using elk matter. (Elk as in alces alces.)

I had always wondered whether if you let it dry long enough... and there's always coprolites, taking that to an extreme. :)

Lacquer, though, is cheating...

Technically they polished turd, rather than polishing a turd. They crushed it up and reconstituted it... But that's probably more about making it proper spherical, so good on 'em!

Makes wombat-guano (mosaic) floors look doable with a Dwarf's perfectionist outlook, if that's what's needed to fix the World Machine...

On 11/21/2018 at 12:01 AM, MOB said:

This article gives us conclusive insight into how Mostali do parquetry (btw: no actual wombats involved, just years of training and plenty of roughage)
#gloranthafuel

Saw the article earlier this week and thought of Mostali. Always thought that Mostali waste would be in cubes, just for ease of stacking. I am sure that one of the Mostali Castes has magic to crystallise the stuff, if needs be, or to compress it into one big cube for reprocessing.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

5 minutes ago, soltakss said:

Saw the article earlier this week and thought of Mostali. Always thought that Mostali waste would be in cubes, just for ease of stacking. I am sure that one of the Mostali Castes has magic to crystallise the stuff, if needs be, or to compress it into one big cube for reprocessing.

Or they just burn it as fuel.

I have polished tamped earthen floors in France using bullocks blood. We poured the blood over the earth and rubbed with rags for ages (well it seemed like ages as my back hurt badly after a while) until we got a nice shiny, and very resistant protein layer built up. The final result is very much like old fashioned linoleum.

Polishing turds laid as a floor surface should be pretty similar.

• Like 3