Races

Jeffrywith1e

Characters are going to be humans in RuneQuest, correct? Doesn't look like any of the characters in the Quickstart are any other variety of race.

Thanks. Newish to RuneQuest. Looking at getting the new books. I do have the Avalon Hill box set where they do talk about making characters out of many of the species in the Creatures Book (4).

Does the new Bestiary serve in the same way?

Edited by Jeffrywith1e
spelling

Well, the QuickStart is a quick start. It is bare bones rules to get everyone into play with the least amount of explanation possible.

However, once you pick up the Bestiary you'll be all set to create PC of many different races.

RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha encourages campaigns to use all sorts of races for the PCs.

• Like 1

"But Pendragon isn’t intended to be historical, just fun.
So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

1 hour ago, Jeffrywith1e said:

Does the new Bestiary serve in the same way?

As creativehum mentioned, theBestiary covers non-human adventurers. This a quote from the Bestiary:

Most intelligent creatures within this book can become adventurers. The best-suited are typically dark trolls, elves, morokanth, and ducks. However, the occasional baboon, centaur, or Telmori makes a refreshing change, lending an enjoyable whimsical quality to gameplay.

There are rules to create a player character for many of the intelligent races.

• Like 1

The default's human, and if you're newish to the game I do strongly suggest sticking with that. RQG's got a bit of a learning curve both in mechanics and in lore if you're coming from other games. Of the species in the Glorantha Bestiary with "Creating X Adventurers" sidebar boxes, I'd say the Uzko/Dark Troll, Aldryami/Elf, and Mostali/Dwarf are the most completely described. Several other species have text assigned for creating adventurers, but I've personally found they feel incomplete.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

waitWHAT???!?

They've given the noble Durulz short shrift vs those mechanized mostrosities the Mostali?  And vs those annoying asparagus-folk the Aldryami??!?

...   👿

this

means

war

😉

C'es ne pas un .sig