POW storing crystals

Alexandre

Hi all,

two quick questions about POW storing crystals. 

1) How long it takes to recharge one? 1 MP/SR, the same as casting magic?

2) Is it possible to pass the crystal over to another character so that he can recharge it or use the MPs inside to cast his own spells? As the crystal does not need attunement so I would say yes. 

Thanks,

Alex

8 minutes ago, Alexandre said:

Interesting question. This has never come up in play yet (for magic point matrix enchantments in my RQ3 games, which work just the same).

Another question would be if two people touching the same crystal could load it or draw on it simultaneously.

I don't think that a charge transfer from one such object to another is possible, though. MP need to be used fueling some magic. I'd also be hesitant to allow stored MP to be the only MP sacrifice on holy days. I'm fine with such a source being used for additional MP sent to the deity, though (as someone with very low POW in desperate need of a success in Worship (deity) might want to do).

(Which brings me to another weird dilemma - can a person whose POW was reduced to 1 participate in a worship ceremony? Will their blacking out for the day be acceptable to the deity?)

8 minutes ago, Alexandre said:

2) Is it possible to pass the crystal over to another character so that he can recharge it or use the MPs inside to cast his own spells? As the crystal does not need attunement so I would say yes. 

I would say yes, too - after all, that's what happens if a bound spirit is tasked to refill it for a character's use.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

2 hours ago, Joerg said:

(Which brings me to another weird dilemma - can a person whose POW was reduced to 1 participate in a worship ceremony? Will their blacking out for the day be acceptable to the deity?)

People collapse all the time in ecstatic worship with chanting and dancing and mind-expanding substances.

Edited by PhilHibbs

2 hours ago, Alexandre said:

1MR/MP (RQG p263).

I always played it is possible.

We used to play that it was instant, but always recharged them outside Combat, so it made no difference. 1MP/SR makes sense.

We played that anyone touching a POW Storage Crystal could recharge it, so I'd say yes. Normally, we used Bound Spirits and drained them of their MPs to fill up the POW Storage, as they regenerate MPs.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here