Regalia of Sartar

Bohemond

What pieces comprise the Royal Regalia of Sartar? I know that Orstalor Spearlord carries the Trowel of Sartar, but that's the only specific piece I can think of off the top of my head. In Orlanth is Dead, Kallyr is described as waring the Iron Band of Sartar, but I'm unclear if that's a literal item or a reference to her being the leader of the group. Do we know any of the others? 

From Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes, p. 223:

The Ring of Sartar

Sartar assembled a sacred regalia to bind his kingdom together. He gave the items of the regalia to his followers who held authority, keeping the most powerful, the Iron Ring of Sartar: a torc forged by dwarves, for himself. The other items included a  trowel, a chain, a basket, a scale, a sword, a jewel and a quill.

The royal regalia of Sartar was scattered when Boldhome fell. The invaders took some parts, but several pieces were hidden or  taken away in secret. The artifacts attracted their bearers. The remaining members of the Ring of Sartar now hold the regalia.

From Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes, p.330 :

The Iron Ring of Sartar
The dwarfs forged magical regalia for Sartar, including an iron torc worn by the Prince of Sartar. His chief supporters and  advisors, collectively called the Iron Ring of Sartar, held the other seven items of the regalia. The Iron Ring was scattered when  Boldhome fell, the items lost and the members killed. Dunorl Brandgorsson found or replaced the lost regalia and reforged the broken Ring. Three years ago, he turned over the iron torc and leadership of the Iron Ring to Kallyr Starbrow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

RQ GM Screen Pack page 15

Each king must succeed at a Crown Test—a reenactment of “How Orlanth Became King.” In it the king must descend into Darkness or Chaos and return with light.

The best are in KoS 2ed pages 187 (Sartar's Westfaring) & 217 (Leika).

Heortling Mythology page 94 - Good King Oskul's Crown Test was killing Bad King Urgrain.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/