The RQ Encounter Generator
Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:37 PM
1. Can anyone who has an account (I just made one) create a template?
2. Are those templates automatically available to everyone else?
3. I haven't tried to make one yet, so I'm wondering how doing so works?
4. Is there any sort of vetting or commenting process, and does anyone have the authority to delete a template they consider inappropriate for the site (such as a trademark infringement, intentional or no)?
5. How do tags work?
Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:57 PM
2. provided you release it, yes. Or you can choose to just keep it for yourself.
3. if you want a brand new template instead of working with what's already there, I think the powers that be(skoll or hkokko over at the TDM-boards) have to approve/make it.
4. not to my knowledge. I assume the creators can delete things they feel are inappropriate.
5. I am not sure.
That thing is very, very cool. Should the creators drop by, here's my thumbs up.
Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:43 PM
1,2 answered already.
3 New templates can be done by anyone logged to the system. New races can only be done by skill,pruneau and myself (hkokko). The race is basically just a hitloc template and most of the usually occurring hitloc variations have been handled already - just grab a template made on a race with appropriately hitlocced race and modify away. If you really need a new race contact one of us on thedesignmechanism forum
4. No vetting at the moment. We trust that people will do the right thing. When something appears we can delete stuff if we need to. So far no need.
5. These are just very very very rough thoughts on guidelines.
There are couple of 'reserved' tags. If the enemy is from Glorantha and "generally accepted" to be - add a keyword Glorantha and other Gloranthan keywords like Gloranthan place names to it. "Generally accepted" means roughly has been described in a Gloranthan supplement.
Same way for Monster Island.
I would reserve "Mythic Rome" and other "Mythic" etc for the possibly upcoming books.
If it is from neither of these places add always a tag describing the world where it comes in. "Fantasy" is a placeholder for these - you could add that keyword to anything. If you have for example "Cimmeria" for Conanesque stuff. Romans could have "Ancient" as the overall tag and "Fantasy" "Roman" (and respectively "Vandal" "Goth" "Pict") as additional tags and then use the common environment tags "Mountain", "Jungle", "City", "Sea"
Tags are there to help the users find the stuff with the filter and they speed up the enemy page quite a bit. Usually two or three tags would help a lot in finding - so first I would use "Ancient" at least for the Romans to pinpoint the world for the filter - then nationality and then the environment if you need that.
Using the environment tag in addition to the world tag helps you build up encounter charts. "Do you feel lucky" will get from current filter you a random enemy and it is quite useful feature - so tag usefully
What is acceptable - that is a difficult question. Aside from the normal - keep it useful and 'safe' for the players of any age and that is already a difficult thing to answer.
Take a look what is there currently - similar things are acceptable. For Glorantha and Monster Island - keep the feel of it.
Technically there are couple of things - spirit society's, mystic brotherhoods and sorcery orders that have been implemented as templates. They probably should not have world tags but just technical tags "Spirit Society", "Sorcery Order". They are there as helpers to create shamans, disciples and sorcerers and would clutter the filters if they had the world tag "Glorantha" or "Monster Island"
Legnionnaires or Centurions are perfectly fine - look at the discussion above for tagging. Vikings as well... Basically anything that would be supported by RQ6 rules but please use the tagging rule.
Please ask if you would like clarifications or want to challenge any of the above.
"Mythic Britain" is reserved for loz.
All three of us are much more active on thedesignmechanism forum or Google+ so if you want quicker answers contact there... I will drop by here occasionally
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users