The RQ Encounter Generator
Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:37 PM
1. Can anyone who has an account (I just made one) create a template?
2. Are those templates automatically available to everyone else?
3. I haven't tried to make one yet, so I'm wondering how doing so works?
4. Is there any sort of vetting or commenting process, and does anyone have the authority to delete a template they consider inappropriate for the site (such as a trademark infringement, intentional or no)?
5. How do tags work?
Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:57 PM
2. provided you release it, yes. Or you can choose to just keep it for yourself.
3. if you want a brand new template instead of working with what's already there, I think the powers that be(skoll or hkokko over at the TDM-boards) have to approve/make it.
4. not to my knowledge. I assume the creators can delete things they feel are inappropriate.
5. I am not sure.
That thing is very, very cool. Should the creators drop by, here's my thumbs up.
Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:43 PM
1,2 answered already.
3 New templates can be done by anyone logged to the system. New races can only be done by skill,pruneau and myself (hkokko). The race is basically just a hitloc template and most of the usually occurring hitloc variations have been handled already - just grab a template made on a race with appropriately hitlocced race and modify away. If you really need a new race contact one of us on thedesignmechanism forum
4. No vetting at the moment. We trust that people will do the right thing. When something appears we can delete stuff if we need to. So far no need.
5. These are just very very very rough thoughts on guidelines.
There are couple of 'reserved' tags. If the enemy is from Glorantha and "generally accepted" to be - add a keyword Glorantha and other Gloranthan keywords like Gloranthan place names to it. "Generally accepted" means roughly has been described in a Gloranthan supplement.
Same way for Monster Island.
I would reserve "Mythic Rome" and other "Mythic" etc for the possibly upcoming books.
If it is from neither of these places add always a tag describing the world where it comes in. "Fantasy" is a placeholder for these - you could add that keyword to anything. If you have for example "Cimmeria" for Conanesque stuff. Romans could have "Ancient" as the overall tag and "Fantasy" "Roman" (and respectively "Vandal" "Goth" "Pict") as additional tags and then use the common environment tags "Mountain", "Jungle", "City", "Sea"
Tags are there to help the users find the stuff with the filter and they speed up the enemy page quite a bit. Usually two or three tags would help a lot in finding - so first I would use "Ancient" at least for the Romans to pinpoint the world for the filter - then nationality and then the environment if you need that.
Using the environment tag in addition to the world tag helps you build up encounter charts. "Do you feel lucky" will get from current filter you a random enemy and it is quite useful feature - so tag usefully
What is acceptable - that is a difficult question. Aside from the normal - keep it useful and 'safe' for the players of any age and that is already a difficult thing to answer.
Take a look what is there currently - similar things are acceptable. For Glorantha and Monster Island - keep the feel of it.
Technically there are couple of things - spirit society's, mystic brotherhoods and sorcery orders that have been implemented as templates. They probably should not have world tags but just technical tags "Spirit Society", "Sorcery Order". They are there as helpers to create shamans, disciples and sorcerers and would clutter the filters if they had the world tag "Glorantha" or "Monster Island"
Legnionnaires or Centurions are perfectly fine - look at the discussion above for tagging. Vikings as well... Basically anything that would be supported by RQ6 rules but please use the tagging rule.
Please ask if you would like clarifications or want to challenge any of the above.
"Mythic Britain" is reserved for loz.
All three of us are much more active on thedesignmechanism forum or Google+ so if you want quicker answers contact there... I will drop by here occasionally
Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:55 AM
Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:53 AM
RQ Encounter Tool update:
- threedeesix likes this
Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:01 PM
RQ6 Encounter Tool 101 - Finding and generating your enemies
Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:32 PM
RQ Encounter Tool 101 Part 2 - Creating NPC's and Parties
Here is a visual guide how to create NPC's with RQ Encounter Tool.
This second guide concentrates on how to create NPC's and parties. It gives a stepwise example of creating both basic and stronger NPC's for a barbarian campaign. The example is for Sartar and Orlanthi but would be widely applicable to most campaigns.
Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:26 AM
Whereever there are sorcerors there is a pact being negotiated and usually with forces of darkness, even chaos. Wondered what you could evoke with your Evoke spell - here are few possibilities in RQ Encounter Generator.
Demons have been crafted as per Monster Island suggestions. Minor beings will have 100 characteristics points on average, skills are targeted to be on the intensity level that adepts would have. Moderate ones 150 and Major ones 200 with skills that mage's or archmage's intensity probably would be.
For color each demon has a chaotic feature which could also be considered a demonic feature. Demons are tough beings so had each of them to have "Undead" ability for increased resistance to weapons and they have varying natural or other armour. All of the demons here look different and each of them might have an ability in addition to chaotic feature. This batch happens to four legged ones but there could be other shapes in future.
These are demon warriors - there are of course other kinds as well. Like mentioned in the Monster Island Elric books especially are a good source.
Demons are usually met alone with their master - a sorcerer- or in small numbers. There are also their masters and a sorcerer's party.
Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:29 PM
Return to Monster Island
Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:31 PM
Return to Monster Island Completed
Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:34 PM
Sea and Chaos: These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things
Some of the more dangerous chaos things have still been missing in action for RQ Encounter Tool. Here is a gaggle - actually a Chaos Gaggle of them
- Brindithum, Chaos Goat
- Bastok, Chaos Wyvern
- Zeech, Slithering Whale
- Urgan, Slime Snake
- Red Gorp
They love a party so are usually always found together - to the detriment of characters who encounter them. These are based on Anaxial's Annex version of them.
Here are some aquatic creatures for those who love adventures at sea.
- Sea Dragon
- Great Dragonfish
- Placoderm, Great Tiger
- Sting Ray
- Sea Snake
- Devouring Fangtooth
- Lion Seal
- Elephant Seal
In Kralorela there exist many kinds of Eastern Dragons - here is one variation of those
-Li Lung - the Burrowing Dragon
Aldryami forests are filled with creatures - here is one of the smallest of them
- Sprite / Pixie
Lunar magicians can summon bodyguards - here is a relatively nasty variety of one of those that can be summoned
- Vecors - Moon Daimon
Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:08 PM
Exigers of Pamaltela in RQ6 - on the trail of Jeff Okamoto Campaign Log
Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:10 AM
Walk down the memory lane - where it all began - Apple Lane - Encounters for RQ6
Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:06 AM
Adventuring in Sartar - Encounters for RQ6
Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:36 AM
Umathela - Orlanthi, Sedalpists, Vadeli in the Southern Continent of Pamaltela
Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:34 PM
RQ Encounter Generator reaches 1900: RQ6 Monsters all covered, Pamaltela and City Gangs
Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:50 PM
Game Night supported by RQ6 Encounter tool
- smjn likes this
Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:10 PM
So you want to generate RQ Encounters for RQ6 but do not want them to be in Glorantha
- Orlanth = Storm god, god of warriors. Worshippers of Orlanth can be used as your standard barbarians
- Umathela, Sartar = your standard barbarian areas
- Afadjann, Fonrit,Kareeshtu = Think of thousand and one nights tales inhabitants
- Agimori - Very tall dark people
- Agartha, Akakor, Zerzura = Serpent people tribes from Monster Island
- Anguri, Gabari, Gamari,Ghidori, Kamacuri, Kangi,Kumongi, Oodaki, Primitive tribesmen from jungle from Monster Island
- Aranea = Spider god
- Argan Argar = Troll trader god
- Pavis = big frontier city
- Balazaring = primitive hunter gatherers
- Basmoli = Lion god
- Broo = Chaos Hybrids with usually goat's heads
- Chaos = that unruly evil thing that you must oppose
- Undead = those that live but do not
- Doraddi = another tall, dark people tribe
- Lodril = Volcano god
- Exiger = excellent fighters
- Etyries, Issaries = trader gods
- Humakt = death god for warriors
- Wachaza = Sea warrior death god
- Ludoch, Malasp = mermen
- Lunar = civilized warriors - think Roman, Persian
- Lankhor Mhy = knowledge god
- Odayla = hunter god
- Waha = nomad chieftain god
- Mallia = Causer of Disease God
- Chalana Arroy = Healer god
- Thed, Ragnaglar = Chaos Gods
- Thanatari = Chaos knowledge god - headhunters
- Yelmalio = Solar warrior god
- Yelm = Solar ruler god.
- This tackles most common ones in the RQ Encounter parties list.
Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:45 AM
Sea Monsters of Glorantha – Brief Overview
- threedeesix likes this