Renewing the Glowline

Martin

Would I be right in thinking that on Reaching Moon Day the magic that maintains the Glowline is refreshed with sacrifice. The rites begins at dawn, and continues all day and night, culminating before the next Dawn.

Does ayone know or care to speculate what these rites look like? Who performs them? what do they sacrifice? what does the magic look like?

Edited by Martin

Since Yara Aranis is the Goddess of the Reaching Moon then horses might place a part, either as sacrifices or as captives.

In my Glorantha, each Temple of the Reaching Moon contains an avatar/daughter of Yara Aranis, who incarnates the Goddess in certain rituals. She comes out of the temple and spreads a red net, weaving it like a spider. A red crystal allows the Moon's power to be captured and stored, becoming more powerful with each Full Moon, eventually it can stretch to the next Temple of the Reaching Moon, when the net covers the whole area.

There could even be shrines to the Reaching Moon along the Glowline, with similar rituals designed to link the nearby shrines, perhaps sacrificing a horse at each.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 2/8/2017 at 10:10 AM, soltakss said:

Since Yara Aranis is the Goddess of the Reaching Moon then horses might place a part, either as sacrifices or as captives.

In my Glorantha, each Temple of the Reaching Moon contains an avatar/daughter of Yara Aranis, who incarnates the Goddess in certain rituals. She comes out of the temple and spreads a red net, weaving it like a spider. A red crystal allows the Moon's power to be captured and stored, becoming more powerful with each Full Moon, eventually it can stretch to the next Temple of the Reaching Moon, when the net covers the whole area.

There could even be shrines to the Reaching Moon along the Glowline, with similar rituals designed to link the nearby shrines, perhaps sacrificing a horse at each.

I like that, its parallels feel very Arachne Solarish.

9 hours ago, Pentallion said:

I like that, its parallels feel very Arachne Solarish.

Yes;  I think Arachne Solara is one of Sedenya's eventual targets, and so She is beginning to appropriate the symbology so as to be prepared to steal the powers.  After all, since We Are All Us, Sedenya MUST be planning to realize her identity as Arachne Solara ... right?

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, g33k said:

Yes;  I think Arachne Solara is one of Sedenya's eventual targets, and so She is beginning to appropriate the symbology so as to be prepared to steal the powers.  After all, since We Are All Us, Sedenya MUST be planning to realize her identity as Arachne Solara ... right?

It some ways, the Lunars seem to be attempting to recreate a pre-Time age, without the realization that whatever age they emulate will eventually end badly, and their emulation seems to be heading into a new Gods War.